Do you think this happens ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by volente_00, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Of course.. brokers frontrun their few successful clients. It might be illegal, but they just still do. It tends to be more prevalent at smaller firms, unlike IB.

There are funeral home operators who steal tissues and bones etc and replace them with plastic pipes. It is illegal and a heartless thing to do, but people still do it because its profitable.

#11     Mar 5, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

This is what I am talking about. Take me for example, I never enter limit orders and let them sit, so they can not front run me if they wanted, but they could enter as soon as they see me get filled, and exit as soon as they see me get filled In a way this bothers me because I believe it does happen quite often.

#12     Mar 5, 2006
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Do you realize that there will be people posting soon who will make negative comments about this post?

#13     Mar 5, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

How does one go about getting these reports ?

Are these reports from the previous day or generated intraday and put out the same day ?

#14     Mar 5, 2006
  5. I never enter limit orders on the book and let them sit, as I do believe that brokers do watch profitable clients and will trade off of their signals. On top of that, I believe that if I show "my hand," the potential for exploitation increases considerably.

#15     Mar 5, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

like my broker ?

:)

#16     Mar 5, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

no I'm thinking of ET posters.

#17     Mar 5, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Not paranoid, and limit orders help nothing if they get their signals from your fills. You can not tell me that risk control programs at brokers that offer $500 margins don't know exactly when you buy as soon as you are in the trade.

#18     Mar 6, 2006
  9. Hamlet

Hamlet

It would make sense to get to making millions first before giving any thought to this issue.

#19     Mar 6, 2006
  10. ozzy

ozzy

That's fine.

Let them join you in the trade. Everything should be fine as long as they don't enter before you.

Can you say conspiracy theorists? This is the male version of female gossip.

#20     Mar 6, 2006