Do you think there's direct manipulation in the stock market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipside21, May 3, 2012.

Is there direct manipulation in the stock market?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. TILT2

TILT2

You mentioned that "Because FED right now is de facto entire economy. Economy no longer exists, it has been killed by debt."
    Why we are in high debt? Why America has the highest debt in the world? Why we have to borrow so much money so that now FED has to keep printing money to pay its own debt loans? I don't think FED is the reason for the collapse of the America but the high debt.

#11     May 4, 2012
  2. TILT2

TILT2

Thanks for enlightening me.

#12     May 4, 2012
  3. true.

Fed is the biggest among others.

they can let market up and down just at their will.

look at those banks, they were at the brink of being washed out, but now they used "tax payer's money :bailout money', they are still here, bac is doubled, aig is 50~60% up....

all those are FED's manipulation, otherwise bac/aig.... is just garnbage

#13     May 4, 2012
  4. the1

the1

The simple changing of the rate of interest is the purest form of makret manipulation. Beyond that, if you don't think the market is manipulated on a short term basis you're trading with your eyes closed. That shouldn't be an excuse for losing money, however. What's stopping you from recognizing periods of manipulation and trading on that side of the market?

If you can't beat them, join them.

#14     May 4, 2012
  5. zbojnik

zbojnik

There probably is even though it is illegal.

#15     May 4, 2012
  6. TILT2

TILT2

At the end of the video, it shows the solutions to our current monetary system and how we should reform the monetary system, but I don't think anybody would actually do it. Because all the politicians are either ignorant or influenced by the money power and don't realise the gravity of the negligence.

#16     May 6, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL! SEC. hahahah!

[​IMG]

#17     May 6, 2012
  8. Is bluffing conisidered manipulation? How bout an engineered short-squeeze?

#18     May 6, 2012
  9. "Is there direct manipulation in the stock market?"

Technically we don't usually call it like that. We say collaborative or collective actions, as JH often promotes it on ET.

#19     May 6, 2012
  10. I'm looking at some intraday charts, plotting transactions that go off at the ask and at the bid separately... either I'm seeing the effect of just what traders were thinking for the day, their trend bias, or I'm seeing some very clever algos using their abilities with the fake bids and all to manipulate price to the long side.. certainly the news is massaged to promote the long bias, look at how the last jobs data was reported on.

#20     May 6, 2012