Do you think the euro is likely to replace the us dollar as the major currency?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tzna, Nov 7, 2008.

1. jprad

jprad

All currency unions ultimately fail due to the lack of uniform political, regulatory and legal systems to provide support during tough times.

#11     Nov 8, 2008
  2. It's simpler than that - all currencies ultimately fail, unionized or not.

#12     Nov 8, 2008
  3. #13     Nov 8, 2008
  4. jprad

jprad

Moot if it stays solvent for more than a multiple of the average lifespan.

#14     Nov 8, 2008
  5. If you believe in the goal of globalisation the masters of the universe have layed out for us you don't want to be betting against the Euro because if it fails it's game over for them.

More likely you will see 3 mayor currencies coming out of this mess that is a European, Asian and American currency and I don't even know if that's a bad thing or not.

The bigger the currency the least people have been affected by the financial crisis so far so why not.

#16     Nov 8, 2008
  6. danielc1

danielc1

Holy sh*t, and I have all my money in the Russian Ruble...

#17     Nov 8, 2008
  7. just21

just21

One thing to mention is german public opinion. In germany if you receive some euro notes that were not printed in Germany, eg do not have an x in the serial number you go to the bank and replace them. This is so if the euro fails you will get Deutschmarks and not lira or pesetas.

Do post your essay here before giving it to your tutor.

#18     Nov 8, 2008
  8. Holy shit. Who does that? You make it sound like this is a common procedure. It is not. The only people who are doing this are conspiracy theorists, paranoid gold bugs and other tinfoil-hat-wearing indivuals.

I should know, because I live in Germany.

Do not believe everything you read on the internet.

#19     Nov 8, 2008
  9. jprad

jprad

It's amazing how people get so worked up over some snappy new term, especially when it's served with a heaping helping of conspiracy.

"Globalization" is nothing more than a race to the bottom -- corporations looking for cheaper labor.

Today it's outsourcing, 30 years ago it was called offshoring.

#20     Nov 8, 2008