Do you think sky advertisements are unavoidable?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGLD, Nov 30, 2020.

1. RGLD

RGLD

We already see enough ads in our daily lives. I fear one day I'll look up to the stars and see a Bud lite advertisement or even worst a commercial.

If you think about it, it's only a matter of time before they pollute the sky too.

[​IMG]

(i'm pretty sure somebody here will say "they already doing it in my county")

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

No. Because it’s an expensive bazooka approach. Instead the trend is extremely targeted advertising based on personal information about you. It’s much more effective, which is why the most valuable companies in the world earn their money providing this advertising service

3. RGLD

RGLD

I'm talking about the not so distant future. Yes space stuff is expensive now but it gets cheaper everyday with what SpaceX, Amazon, and a few private corps are doing. Soon it would be cheap to advertise in space. It's only a matter of time. And I don't think "we'll be all dead before this happens" approach. This will probably happen in next 20 years. Finally the sky will be littered by 2060.

4. O.M.G. Do not give the ad idiots any ideas. We do not need that nightmare.

5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

my point is that advertising is space is passé now. Algorithms target you (and specifically you) for very specific ads.

Read about the pregnant teenager and target. It’s even crazier now.

6. Overnight

Overnight

Coming soon to a generation near you...

7. RGLD

RGLD

Jim is this what you watch when you're not doing your show?

Overnight likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Nah, I watch Pink Floyd to relax after my show.

They have NO IDEA! NONE! THEY'RE NUTS!