Do you think posting lowers your ability to trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bobcathy1, Jun 5, 2003.

1. cathy i dont think this is your problem.

i highly doubt you have TWO successful methods at your disposal that you are supremely confident in using...

but can't decide b/w the two...

more like..

you have NOT one to call your own.

face the truth..

you are unsure of what to do.

right?

:-/

#11     Jun 5, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Much easier said than done my friend.
    Though today I was saved by indecision as my methods would have earned me nothing today.

I have found several methods that have worked in the past and now no longer do. My favorite was "the dead cat bounce" and working IPOs or hot sectors. Now all the cats have died, the ipos are scarce and there are no hot sectors........QQQ was a really hot item for a while, now it trades in tandem with ES just about........:(

#12     Jun 5, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Surf
    I thought posting would help me too.......too distracting for my pea brain.
    I admire your style of trading......and I take cues from you on trends. You have a lot of guts....

Cathy

#13     Jun 5, 2003
  4. cathy,

i think losing..

lowers your ability to trade.

#14     Jun 5, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

IMHO,

The level of honesty you are displaying is a good sign. These will be trying times for you - we've all been there.

One thing I will say - this question does not belong in chit-chat. It is an honest to goodness question that deserves respect and real answers. Request to have it moved into psychology or the trading forum.

BTW, if you believe a hypotheses, then use the "scientific method." Stay away from here for three months. Don't even look at the place. See if that helps. This "scientific method" approach is very powerful not just in this experiment, but in anything, i.e., TRADING. Just be honest and be very carefull to write everything down so that you can look at the records and derive statistics.

Finally, if you have not read the "Zone" books, now might not be a bad time. It won't solve all your "problems" or even any of them, but it may put you in the right state of mind to other avenues, which is WAY more important.

Best of luck,

nitro

#15     Jun 5, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hmmm....you could be right on that.....
    I tried to PM you, but your box was full......
    just wanted to ask what indicators and such you like to use.....
    ......maybe it was people asking to feel your pecks?:) :)

#16     Jun 5, 2003
  7. cathy,

what have you been doing for the last three weeks let's say...

give a brief summary.

#17     Jun 5, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

The month of May we were on vacation.

#18     Jun 5, 2003

9. well then

what the heck you gripin about..

you gotta be IN to Win.

#19     Jun 5, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Nitro,
    These are really good ideas. I think I will take a hiatus and test it out. I know I have several "killer" methods as they all work so well on paper. Today was not a trading day for me all the same. The chop today was too much for the basic method, so I stayed out. I would have had a 50/50 ratio scalping which gets me nowhere fast......
    I did read the Zone books as you suggested, and got into Innerworth in the last few months too.....
    Thanks.....Cathy

#20     Jun 5, 2003