Do you think moves in the markets are premeditated?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wave, Apr 11, 2007.

1. wave

wave

Do you think the movements in stocks and futures are already planned out way ahead before they occur like a game of chess? They think out all of the enemies moves and plan ahead.

2. dhpar

dhpar

do you think there are also people that plan what other planners plan to do? And people that have plans about them?

3. ak15

ak15

I don't know about futures, but they definitely are in stocks. They are done by Marketmakers colluding and acting together. Particularly after earnings. Also, probably analysts are involved in this venture.

4. Yes I do. At least a very high percentage of moves, except for the 911 type / black swan events.

5. wave

wave

Yes and "A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked."

6. Except for 9/11???

It was the granddaddy of orchestrated events in the modern era.

WTC couldn't have been foreseen, but a week hiatus is plenty of time to "plan". They weren't prepared via shorting so........., the only alternative was to be long. Gap downs across the board. And...........more importantly, a "V" bottom.

Same scenario occured on Kennedy's assassintation except for an afternoon halt rather than a week.

7. Mostly, but sometimes they aren't. Keeps you guessing all the time.

8. Give a looksee at EMH and AMH.

You can also look at executive MBA curriculums.

Take a look at the yearly's of mutual funds and hedge funds.

Check out the financial periodicals and look at the academic papers that are published in their journals, etc.

Look at the FRP's of gov't and the 501 (c) (3)'s to see what is in the hoppers now.

Your personal business plan for trading probably lays out your strategy for the next five years as well.

Do you know who is paying what premium for risk right now? where don't you have to pay premium to play right now??

9. Waaaaaay too many games nowadays. The big money *knows* where the stops are and they often gun them. And I don't mean stops in individual equities either. I'm talking entire groups/sectors. They know how to fish out the weaker hands better than ever!

10. When you guys get fat and happy, a big, giant, all knowing player comes along, and greedily grabs the wealth you've accumulated for years.

You then begin the process over.

As long as you are able to again begin drinking fine cognac, eating from a plate of brie, beluga caviar and fresh papaya, and smoking your Montecristo No. 2, as you watch your wealth begin to accumulate again, watching your 50" plasma from your granite and hardwood esconced study, after starting the process over, you won't care.

And that big, bad, all knowing giant will be glad to repeat the process all over again, when the time is opportune.

#10     Apr 12, 2007