Do You think CNBC is foxerizing their Network?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Apr 7, 2006.

Is cnbc becoming foxerized?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    81.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. They hired a younger version of maria bartimono, Erin Burnett. They are going to a platform that shows alot of leg. They increased becky quick,liz claman, melissa francis, and michelle curuso screen time. And they dropped kicked their older people out of screen. They are also bringing amanda drury from cnbc asia to cnbc during the summer. And whats up with the cnbc contests and trivia moments. Is this a good thing or bad thing for the former commericial news and business channel.

2. fhl

fhl

I like fox-es.:D

3. I hate it. It seems like they "pick" topics and sell them to the viewers. Either oil or flu or real estate - whatever it may be. They seem to love to blow stuff out of proportion. Every issue seems to be dire one extreme or the other. It's like every topic is full of spin.

And where's the business news? If it's not lucent/GM size, they don't report it. Seriously, there must be a lack of business news or something. I don't get it.

Sad.

4. Erin Burnett is a cutie, keep her! Get rid of Frankenstein, the German reporter, my god can't they find someone else!

5. It's getting kitschy. I think it's part of this whole trading bubble we're in - ala Mad Money and all these retail traders who rush home from the plant to enter orders into thier Etrade account.

Speaking of which, those Ameritrade commercials seriously piss me off.

6. i heard pissani referred to gold as something terrorists buy

7. You're right, but I think that's who has become their primary audience now. I think they are trying to maximize their market share. Which means, stay at home people(moms), or retiries. That pretty much sums it up. With all the ways to get business info, this is who's left watching.

Edit: Their demographic might explain the increased # of females on the programs too.

8. dealer

dealer

Assuming you are NOT a US equities trader then do yourselves a favour; if you MUST watch cnbc then you should be watching the UK and Asian broadcasts.

These are available in the US depending on your cable provider.

9. As in life - everything is either an opportunity or it's not. Explains why so many fade the hell out of Cramer's calls.

It's just an opportunity to take money from these imbeciles.

10. THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS.....

#10     Apr 7, 2006