Do you think Bob Pisani from CNBC would make a good trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 31, 2010.

Do you think Bob Pisani of CNBC would make a good trader?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. One thing about Bob is that he appears to make the same mistakes that a lot of traders...starting out...make...

Bob is:

1) way too emotional and seems to take what happens in the market personally. His emotions seem to go to extremes at times.

2) always seeking an explanation as to why the market is moving in a certain direction in order to justify his thoughts. (confirmation bias)

3) never wants to openly criticize the decisions of the traders around him thus never coming to a truly impartial decision on market direction.

4) jumps to conclusions too fast and then sticks with them.

5) never admits that he is wrong and, therefore, never critically analyzes why he was wrong. Therefore, he makes the same mistakes again and again.

6) always seems to be lumped in with the crowd.

Although Bob appears to be a happy man on television and probably has a great family life, he is exemplary of what you should not be.

#11     Apr 1, 2010
  2. nickdes

nickdes

I find it rather humorous that anyone would care what these knuckleheads on cnbc think. Most of these knuckleheads are good only at running the mouth... No logic and often very biased reporting.. The only advantage I have noticed, from time to time I fade the hype....

#12     Apr 1, 2010
  3. could not help but notice that Bob voted exactly 8 times so far:
    Yes 8 25.81%
    No 23 74.19%
    Total: 31 votes 100%

#13     Apr 1, 2010
  4. im sure he didnt voted 8 times.

#14     Apr 1, 2010
  5. and what makes you think that, Bob?

#15     Apr 1, 2010
  6. No. Haven't you noticed by now the reverse engineer stories? Things happen and they attempt to explain them. As I have said before if its not from Santelli, Cashin, Ben at Pit Audio, or Boiling on fox I don't want to hear your opinion. Just report.

#16     Apr 1, 2010