Do you think America is headed for a 2nd American Civil WAR?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jun 26, 2006.

Do you think America is headed towards a 2nd american civil war?

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. The American Civil War was not fought because Exodus 21 in the Old Testament is evidence that the God of Abraham permits the owning of slaves. The War was fought because the Southerners had a huge investment in the business of slavery and without slaves, they would suffer enormous economic losses.

There is NO similarity between that situation and today. Christian fundamentalists will not lose any personal fortune if the government maintains a view that religion and government should be distinctly separate, nor will so-called enlightened liberals lose a personal fortune if government becomes more accepting of displays of Christianity in public places (state houses, courthouses, schools, etc.).

Your hypothesis fails the simple test of logical relevance.

Wealthy republicans are quite happy exploiting poor democrats and poor democrats are quite happy trying to become wealthy republicans. Until one side or the other believes that there is no hope at achieving their economic goals, there is no basis for believing that a Civil War is in the making.

In the USA, the one, true God is named "Bill." Dollar Bill, that is.

PS. Please check your spelling before you post. It's really irritating to read so many errors from someone like yourself, who purports to be literate.

#11     Jun 27, 2006
  2. Your views of the two political parties couldn't be more wrong.

#12     Jun 27, 2006
  3. Yeah I second that. Marham, you have a very sad, and dead wrong view of the culture of the US. Believe what you want to believe, I suspect you wish us Americans the worst, too bad for you.

#13     Jun 27, 2006
  4. I typically stay out of these obvious flame wars, but it is shocking to see someone so strikingly disconnected from any semblance of reality. I know a bunch of people up in Canada that are well reasoned and clear thinking individuals. Is this a regional thing? Do other people around your area have world views that are similar to yours Mahram? And if so, what area do you live in?

#14     Jun 27, 2006
  5. I think there will be a civil war in Canada first, sparked by America of course. An American diner will speak English in a Quebec City restaurant. The waiter will respond by cursing the diner in French. The diner will call the waiter a cheese-eating surrender monkey. The waiter will respond by slitting the American diner's throat with a cheese knife. All the Americans dining there will then tie red, white, and blue scarves around their heads and attack the restaurant staff with Bowie knives amid cries of "Remember the Alamo". Hearing the cries, English-speaking Canadians rush to defend their American brethren, and the Quebecois respond with outrage at this treason, waving their arms and pleading "Parle le Francais, le Francais, le Francais". And it just gets uglier from there... the war lasts for 7 years until Celine Dion breaks her contract at Caesars and holds a peace concert in Manitoba.

#15     Jun 27, 2006
  6. good it would be red states vs blue states, and conservative provinces versus liberal provinces. There has tobe some kind of denoument to end this long standing stalemate. You have one side who wants to enact a fundamentlist conservative christian state, while you have another fervently belieaving in freedom and the constitution. There is going tobe a time when things are going to hit the fan.

I think its going tobe the republicans who want to strip away citizenship from citizens. By removing the birth right citizenship constitutional admenment that was granted towards free slaves. Just look at katrina. I think that was the first shot heard around the world. You have the republican government intentionally refusing to help black american citizens in a time of crisis.

#16     Jun 27, 2006
  7. no I dont. Its just commentary. Its just the truth. Is it not true that america is stripped down to red and blue states. One side belieaving in freedom and constitutional rights. And another who fervently belieave in conservative ,fundamentalist christian values. The other side is completely opposite to the notion of democracy. Just look at all of the attempts from the republicans to empower their base and remove freedoms and even citizenship to people born in your own country.

#17     Jun 27, 2006
  8. also nick was I making it up that the republicans intentionally withheld help from the blacks in lousina. The republicans were blissly on vacation, and did not raise a finger to help. I think that was the first shot of the new american civil war. A clear sign of where bush and republicans stand. which is a southern, segragationist, fundamentalist view of america. And clear message to upperdy blacks.

#18     Jun 27, 2006
  9. hmm, i must have missed that one. And also what about those republican concentration camps? And when are the republicans going to rescind the emancipation proclamation (the same proclamation they enacted so many years ago)??

#19     Jun 27, 2006
  10. Republican concentration camps?

Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and other media sorces that push the right wing swill 24/7...

#20     Jun 27, 2006