Do you tell people you're a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by raszorz, Jul 16, 2003.

1. once i said i'm a futures trader and the response i got was" oh,you mean like those guys who yell and jump up and down and point their hands at each other?" yeah, i say except it took me a month to realize the computer didn't understand the hand signals i was using. no wonder no trades were working!

if i say i work with computers they want me to fix theirs so i stay away from that one. now i say i'm the head fry boy at mcdonalds but im up for a promotion to big mac maker.

if i say im a trader i usually get alot of negative garbage or a blank stare.

#31     Jul 16, 2003
  2. bubba7

bubba7

ohhhhh goodness....I thought trading was a house thing. I think those people on the other side are gambling.

#32     Jul 16, 2003
  3. Merc

Merc

That was good!

:D :D :D

I say we need a separate state, or much better a new planet!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#33     Jul 16, 2003
  4. tell the chicks you are a "third world debt trader" they dig that !

and for some of us, it's not so far from the truth !

best,

surfer

#34     Jul 16, 2003
  5. I never let anyone know that trading business even
    exist. I already have lote of negative energy (people)
    around me.:mad: :mad: :mad:

#35     Jul 16, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

I don't say I am a trader. I say that I trade FOR A LIVING. Regardless of what you say, it is what you do? How can telling the truth hurt you?

nitro

#36     Jul 16, 2003
  7. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA! WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! WOOO HOOO HOO! GEE SYS THATS FUNNY:D :D

#37     Jul 16, 2003
  8. if u r a consistently profitable trader, you should be damn proud of it!!!

FRuiTY

#38     Jul 16, 2003
  9. FinStat

FinStat

your animated caption is the best thing on this website
    :D

#39     Jul 16, 2003
  10. I did when starting out, now keep a low profile - once you achieve your goals, the title doesn't seem important any more. But yes, it's great for getting laid even if you haven't made it yet, as long as you insist on her place.

#40     Jul 16, 2003