Do you talk to your computer when you trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by trendy, Mar 18, 2003.

1. jester

jester Guest

...mine just says...."Dave...Dave is that you........what are you doing Dave?".......................:p

J-

#11     Mar 18, 2003
  2. exce26

exce26

My computer does not talk....neither do I.
    My computer brings lots of girls......
    Good job computer.....

#12     Mar 18, 2003
  3. ((((((((((((((((Forgive this off topic post...I know this was hammered a little bit much in another thread.................................but reading through your posts made me laugh & think of 2 commercials that I have not thought about in years relating to "dialogue with your computer/monitor".................Remember the one where the guy is dressed very sharp in a pin stripe like suit and screaming/soothing his monitor, saying "come on, yes....thats it....and finally after his trade busts, he jumps through the window, in what we now know to be his house.......................................................Another commercial where the guy is about to take lunch and he peers at this monitor and starts chanting outloud as his stock went through the roof...he rants around the office, laughs at his co-workers, peaks in his bosses office & tells him to screw.....comes back to his monitor & the stock now has tanked.....he needs his job back....)))))))))))))))

#13     Mar 18, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

No.

nitro

#14     Mar 18, 2003
  5. No...

I don't even talk to myself verbally or mentally.

It's just a mental distraction. I am going to rationalize why...

First, I have a pretty good experience, skill and understanding of speedreading. So I'll write my thoughts based on that...

1. We are taught by verbal expressions. First, when we are born, we learn from our other senses and from pure impression and curiosity. After a while, because of how we communicate, we start thinking and expressing thoughts with others by verbal communications.

Don't you talk to yourself when you think? Don't you re-read what you see when you read something? That's what I'm talking about. We really don't have to re-phrase expressions to understand it, it's just the way we were taught.

2. Verbal expressions in all terms are extremely influential. Look at Tim Robbins, XXX-cybernetics (psycho-cybernetics??), hynosys, or Auto-suggestion. When a person says something in there head or even more verbally, that thought sticks to them. How much you try it does in some sort of way.

Also, verbal expression is one of primary source of learning for most people. Yes visual expression is also large but most people can't do it well. (again... how you read? Unless, you're a speedreader... though speedreading is not the only answer) That's one reason I respect and think woman makes a good trader because they are expressive but also master impressionists and have over the top intuition compared to men... in general.

Well, that's the reason for my thoughts. Try blanking what you think in your head and try trading. It's very interesting to see what happens... or even more start looking at a blank chart and blanking your head.... start adding indicators to your computer screen see when you start to get intuition or even, no intuition.

#15     Mar 19, 2003
  6. qdz2

qdz2

Indeed, very informative and interesting points. Thanks.
    I am often ashamed of myself for being talking to myself all the time when reading and writing? Is there any study showing that persons who cannot help talking to themselves have less chance to be successful, if not at all. Does it has anything to do with IQ?

:p

#16     Mar 19, 2003
  7. exce26

exce26

Yes, You are a stupid or genius....

:D :confused: :D

#17     Mar 19, 2003
  8. agrau

agrau

Could you recommend any specific books or other information on speedreading? Am interested in this subject, but don't know where to start - I guess there's also much garbage out there on this ...

Thanks,

Andreas

#18     Mar 19, 2003
  9. Icy2000

Icy2000

You are probably talk to the flowers in the garden to the trees in the street and to your neighbor's dog.
    My friend you must seek a psychiatric advise urgently

#19     Mar 19, 2003
  10. Sittas

Sittas

If you want to know how speed reading works, try this book "Speed reading" by Tony Buzan. For hands on practice you might want to use Speed reading 2000 by R. Dudley.

Sittas

#20     Mar 19, 2003