Do you support a Mosque at Ground Zero?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Aug 9, 2010.

Do you support a mosque at Ground Zero?

1. Yes. Personal grief does not invalidate constituational rights.

25 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. No. Are you friggin kidding me? Over my dead body.

61 vote(s)
    60.4%
  3. I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. I don't care

13 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Ricter

Ricter

Apparently there's a small mosque in the area that predates the WTC.

#41     Aug 16, 2010
  2. Seems like I remember something that gives the Islamic concept of tolerance towards other religions. When the Taliban were in charge:

Afghan Taliban Begin Destruction of Ancient Buddha Statues

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/0301-04.htm

And by the way. Islam seems to feel perfectly fine about executing Muslims who convert to another religion.

#42     Aug 16, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Is it possible there are different types of Muslims, akin to denominations, and that the taliban are but one?

#43     Aug 16, 2010
  4. I'm Pretty sure there are. The ones at Ground Zero are not at the top of the list of being tolerant. Sorry, no link but had read this a day or so ago.

#44     Aug 16, 2010
  5. "Appeals for their preservation have come from the United States, France, Germany, Thailand, Japan, Sri Lanka, Iran, Pakistan, Germany, Russia, India and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan."

Long list of pussys, US included. Imagine all those countries and we should have said "pretty please".

#45     Aug 16, 2010
  6. If this is thing is built do you guys not think it will be surveilled with more vigor than the Russian embassy? Perhaps it was by design that the DoD and CINC backed it publicly?

#46     Aug 16, 2010
  7. i've been in that temple. its amazing from the outside and ironically
    very plain on the inside.

nice pools and gardens around the place though. :)

#47     Aug 16, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

I was thinking exactly the same thing, moderate muslims wont go near this place, due to the backlash from people who hate the fact that it is going up, so im pretty sure every single muslim who sets foot in that place is going to end up on the terrorist watch list. The feds just got lazy and figured out an ingenius way to seperate the wheat from the chaff without getting off their asses.

Maybe it is a trap by the government, once they get the place filled up with muslims, the feds will just close the doors and lock them all in, like an internment camp.

#48     Aug 16, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe, or maybe BO and co. are just a bunch of pantie waste appeasers.

#49     Aug 16, 2010
  10. Mabye...But what do you think is the more logical answer?

#50     Aug 16, 2010