Do you support a Mosque at Ground Zero?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Aug 9, 2010.

Do you support a mosque at Ground Zero?

1. Yes. Personal grief does not invalidate constituational rights.

25 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. No. Are you friggin kidding me? Over my dead body.

61 vote(s)
    60.4%
  3. I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. I don't care

13 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Hello

Hello

Im actually surprised Obama and Co. havent launched a lawsuit on the banks for racial discrimination.

#31     Aug 14, 2010
  2. Mav88

Mav88

The poll question is invalid, this is not about personal grief at all. the numbers of people offended by this are way more than those who lost oved ones at 9/11.

The poll should be about who it is ok to offend in America today.

If a muslim is offended then there are religious freedom 'laws' to protect them. If black people are offended then there are hate crime 'laws' against hate speech and various other dreamt up offenses. In other words people like Obama would find all sorts of legal avenues to protect the feelings of muslims but when it comes to the feelings of most other americans, then by golly the constitution is there to protect the offensive minority and it's just too bad if you are offended.

#32     Aug 14, 2010
  3. ...said the punch line.

#33     Aug 14, 2010
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...(scratching head)...

Now, I ain't real schmart, but seems a me our consteetushun has been perverted and our "leaders" are thugs. Awe shucks, maybe I just am gettin' it all wrong. I oughta be ashamed of myself.

BUT I'M NOT!

#34     Aug 15, 2010
  5. nitro

nitro

There is a building that many people around the world come to visit in the chicago land area. It is a beautiful building, and many people of many faiths go into the building to atone.

Maybe what they should build is a monument such as this at GZ. A kind of holy place of great beauty and energy, where people of all faiths can enter and feel the holy. A kind of United Nations building for religions...

[​IMG]

#35     Aug 15, 2010
  6. Mav88

Mav88

I agree, you ain't smart.

#36     Aug 15, 2010
  7. No, you are.
    The Founders would be thoroughly ashamed of you.

#37     Aug 15, 2010
  8. nitro

nitro

9. =====================
    Thats an interesting idea;
    especially since convicted felons[ proven troublemakers ] DO NOT have the same rights as other citizens.

There is a former muslin[ now a genuine Christian ]working @ Dr/Rev . Jerry Falwell's Liberty University. He does have a beard & says he should be stopped [for security reasons]@ airports more than average people- simply because of his background!!:cool:

#39     Aug 16, 2010
  10. As I am an atheist, you can imagine my views on places of religious worship. However, I think it gets interesting when religious "freedoms" are afforded to some but not to others. Perhaps not unlike the selective freedoms that were in effect before civil rights came to the fore.

#40     Aug 16, 2010