Do you still read Barron's over the weekend?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Jun 24, 2006.

1. ak15

ak15

You also get Online Barrons during the week, and the Online WSJ included in the same price.

Not true anymore. They recently changed their pricing and price each separately.

#21     Jun 25, 2006
  2. I think I pay $125 for all of them.

OldTrader

#22     Jun 25, 2006
  3. Abby J Cohen's roundtable top pick MRVL down 16% today.

and QCOM... :D :D

#23     Jun 27, 2006
  4. Arnie

Arnie

Subscribed for years back in the 90's. Used to be a really good options guy, can't recall name. Does Alan Ableson still write for them?

#24     Jun 27, 2006
  5. Do they give futures/commodities trade ideas or just stocks??

#25     Jun 27, 2006
  6. Neodude

Neodude

This last weekends edition had some good articles on Wheat, and some Commodity Hedgies Interview.

-Neo

#26     Jun 27, 2006
  7. John47

John47

Yeah he writes the opening article alot, you can tell he thinks he's pretty cute.

#27     Jun 27, 2006
  8. The website isn't very informative about this..

Can I ask??

You guys are referring to a weekend edition??

When is it delivered?? or are yall getting it electronically??

thanks

#28     Jun 27, 2006
  9. slickman

slickman

Are they still pumping GTW? They really didn't seem to want to give up on them or CSCO.

I don't blame the mag itself, just some of their more persistent people that they take ideas from. If I remember correctly they planted Wagonner on the front w/ a nice article right when GM peaked at 50 in 03 about what a great turnaround was finally taking place.

Remembering the bad is too easy.

The roundtable, I find a bit annoying. I do like some of the people they interview. Santoli is definitley good and the crotchedy guy, Abelson, is good for all of his nuggys but is so decidedly negative, save for when he's kissing a pro's arse, that I can't really help but skim through the prose after a few sentences.

#29     Jun 28, 2006
  10. Ableson (and Barron's in general) have called 83 of the last 2 recessions, as well as a bursting of the housing "bubble" almost every week from 2002 on.

Barron's thinks the sky is perpetually falling.

That being said, I still get my issue and read it every week. :D

#30     Jun 28, 2006