Do you still read Barron's over the weekend?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Jun 24, 2006.

1. No

#11     Jun 24, 2006
  2. Fading Barrons - I don't think thats what they had in mind when when they were marketing that line "How Money Becomes Wealth" :)

#12     Jun 24, 2006
  3. Yes.

OldTrader

#13     Jun 24, 2006
  4. ess1096

ess1096

No,
    I prefer IBD Monday Special on Saturdays.

account #88888

#14     Jun 24, 2006
  5. John47

John47

just browsed a bit of this weekends edition, big article on how we are now in a bear market.

#15     Jun 24, 2006
  6. Which Barron's journalist gives consistently good fade ideas?

#16     Jun 24, 2006
  7. I'm talking about the feature articles they do on selected stocks. I haven't done a statistical analysis, but back when I did read it, they seemed to roll over pretty quickly after the Monday bounce. Big money needs help getting out sometimes.

If you know who "Anthony from Brooklyn" is, you know he claims a couple of their columnists are even better fades than Cramer. I don't remember the names though.

#17     Jun 24, 2006
  8. no.

should've posted a poll.

#18     Jun 24, 2006
  9. Don't know about you guys, but I'm an information junkie. I like to know why things are doing what they're doing. For instance, if Barron's comes out with a major article on WMT (they did in the last year), I think that's an important piece of information. Certainly WMT is in the Dow, has an influence in the SPX, and therefore may have somewhat of an impact on the corresponding futures contracts. There's a difference between seeing that the futures are up for example, and knowing they're up because of a WMT recommendation, and what specifically was said.

You also get Online Barrons during the week, and the Online WSJ included in the same price.

I've been reading Barron's now for over 30 years. I used to have to go to the newstand on the weekend to get it. Now having the advantage of getting it online for a lower price is hard to beat.

An occasional good idea is all it takes to more than pay for the cost of it.

OldTrader

#19     Jun 25, 2006
  10. nitro

nitro

#20     Jun 25, 2006