Do you still get fear in a trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cashclay, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Overnight

Overnight

BECAUSE YOU SOLD AT A LOSS! Grrrr

#41     Sep 3, 2021
  2. Same here buddy!

#42     Sep 9, 2021
  3. Tbh, I still fear while trading and I believe, it's pretty natural and happens with everyone.

#43     Sep 14, 2021
  4. Trading often starts with greed and turns in to fear as you go deeper
    once you fix your mindset on believing that trading is a marathon and not a sprint, a lot of things start making sense.

If you have fear while execution you either don't trust your plan or you're risking too much

Manage your risk, understand how much are you willing to lose to make a certain profit.
    Have a solid tested plan and believe in it

Keep refining your edge, the markets constantly changes and you gotta keep adjusting
    learn, refine, learn and once you think you know it all keep learning and refining
    it never stops.

All these things build up with experience and time and not overnight result
    so trust the process and keep moving

Good luck :)

#44     Sep 14, 2021
  5. Handle123

Handle123

I was born without consciousness of most emotions, my subconscious on the other hand is something else. When first learning how to scalp and long term commodities, I'd upchuck from losses piling up. It took time to backtest was my key to turn it to profitability. Slow going to develop Trading Plan to know all the answers before the questions. Every ten years taken major changes to refine my Trading Plan-last ten been thoroughly learn hedging and getting reward/risk to astro percentages, and currently learning to decrease option loses percentages.

Developing Holy Grail systems is a matter of luck, but more time you put into the charting and backtesting, you be surprised you figure out one or more.

Spending 99% of your time on risk management is key.
    Making 1 to 1 reward to risk, unless doing above 60% wins each day, extremely difficult especially when young trader. And if doing futures, commissions really pile up.

Good luck.

#45     Sep 14, 2021
  6. %%
    Good ;
    +one eXception related to your first line.
    Nervous is a mild form or fear+ that can help with profits occasionaly. Even though my guts tend/try to get me pit a trade waaaaaaaaay to early.[These comments dont apply to stuff with 3rd friday deadline, but with cash etfs + 2x ,3X trendy ETFs]
    And Rhonda's mom was right ''watch the pennies [+dimes]+ dollars take care of themselves '' /as a general rule..............................................................................................
    I got nervous on 1 lot 3X ETF in SEPT, good reason to study it some more+ NO dividend is another hint:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:,:caution::caution:

#46     Sep 20, 2021
  7. IamaMars

IamaMars

Emotions are never helpful for making sober and sensible decisions.
    Fear and greed are the most dangerous factors which will blow your budget. I have no idea how fear can improve your trading results, but I can explain how they can lead to the numerous failures. Greed is a very common feeling which most of traders experience on the daily basis. The think that they are missing very profitable opportunities looking at the charts and want to catch up with their expectations, in spite of the fact that their signals show them that it is not the proper time and situation to do that. However, they just can't keep sitting and waiting for the signals, so they do the deals. Surely, these deals turn into absolute failures and losses. After the losing streak, they may feel depressed and fear to lose the rest of the money. They don't trust the signals of their trading strategies and hope to see some 100% sure signal which will push them to do the deal. However, it is a rear occasion for the market to give you some absolutely credible information and they wait too much, missing really lucrative opportunities.

#47     Sep 25, 2021
  8. %%
    Exactly;
    get rid of it. But some times, if some one gets nervous[mild form of fear]\try to figure out/study why:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::thumbsup:. MY guts try to get me out of trade/investment waaaaaaay early; but every now + then that's your subconscious mind giving you helpful hints.........................................
    ANYbody with common sense would be rightly afraid of a rattlesnake\ unless your name is Ross Allen+ he got bit so many times /had an immunity+/
    And the good reason a new trader fears, he should be afraid .Wisdom is profitable to direct.

#48     Sep 25, 2021