Do you remember the Quotron?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by michaelscott, Jun 21, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

2. Surdo

Surdo

You were in elementary school, have you ever even seen one?

surdo

3. md2952

md2952

Used it for years on PHLX.

4. I may have seen one at some point in time, but didnt know what it was for.

Maybe Im just a history geek that likes hearing about these contraptions. It almost looks like it was used in mission control during the lunar landing with its green screen and bulletproof appearance.

5. I remember seeing them in all the brokerage offices in Houston back in the late 70s/early 80s.

6. Holy smokes!

Let me tell you about that screen.

If you generated enough sales commish you got scrolling DJNW (Dow Jones News Wire) at the top of the screen.

You could toggle and look up individual customer accounts, and also had an electronic order ticket in the later models as opposed to manually writing a ticket and sending it through the vacuum tube down to the order room for input.

The lower third of the screen You could put the 30 stocks that you watched.

The bottom line was the scrolling tape.

If you were a BSD you got to have two of those babies on your desk.

Ahhh the good old days..........

just,
    my2cents

7. My dad had one on his desk and I was pretty proficient with it by the time I was 16.

8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I used it daily. This was the latest and greatest and had a price tag to match back in the mid seventies.

9. I wonder if IB still uses the vacuum tube to fill some orders. Sometimes I feel like there was a problem with the vacuum motor or the canister got stuck somewhere.

10. Surdo

Surdo

Anybody use a Bunker-Ramo back in the day?

[​IMG]

surdo

#10     Jun 21, 2007