Do You Really Trust Cnbc?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by eagle488, Sep 25, 2006.

1. I would stay away from CNBC news if you get emotional. It adds physiological pressure which should be avoided.

#51     Sep 3, 2008
  2. I think the general - and sane - consensus is this: you would be retarded to try to use it as a major source of enlightenment, but it has value for its (a) entertainment, (b) humor, and (c) occasional breaking news (not opinion, but actual events). Anyone disagree?

#52     Sep 3, 2008
  3. Lots of good fade indicators on CNBC.

Jeff

#53     Sep 3, 2008

4. I agree.

CNBC is fun, whats the big deal?

#54     Sep 4, 2008
  5. Agreed 100%.

#55     Sep 4, 2008
  6. Reminds me of reasearch years ago about fading spammed stocks...

#56     Sep 4, 2008
  7. Oh, and I should also mention: once in a while you do get an opinion from someone who's opinion may be valuable in some way. Also, seeing what's being hyped and what's not can also be valuable. The value of the news in general is often in reading between the lines.

#57     Sep 4, 2008
  8. rick santelli is the only sane person on that network, everyone else has bullshit degrees from bullshit schools and changes their opinion every 10 mintues especially bob pisani that guy is a fkin tool, cramer on the other hand, you gotta give the guy credit for a very entertaining show, i don't follow his picks although so i wouldn't know if they are accurate but like all traders/investors the guy obviously uses stops and watches his trades in his "charitable trust" when 95% of the public does not, they think making $$ in stocks is easy and u just buy and hold and thats why the show and cnbc in general is so appealing to them because it tailors to those kind of people through their "lets call the bottom every 15 min" bs and every guest on their show "ok so how do we play this, how do we make money in this market"

#58     Sep 4, 2008
  9. If I want entertainment to keep me alert between trades, I will call the wife in, or workout to tunes, or dial up 'those crazy stocks' on youtube. Haven't gotten tired of that one yet. Keeps me humble. Cramer? Bulllllllllllllllllllllllshit!

#59     Sep 4, 2008
  10. I hate how Cramer comes in every single day and says to STOP TRADING @ about 3pm! I wish he would once say to continue trading and watch for ridiculous moves (Dell today for instance).

In terms of the commentators, everyone obviously needs to ignore them. Professional traders recommend to ignore Goldman Sach's analysts so we should certainly ignore these opinionated clowns. At least their main girl is semi-attractive though... she has also poised for Maxim.

What is useful about CNBC is when they show the pit and the market sentiment. I like watching that in the morning.

#60     Sep 4, 2008