do you prefer boom-bust cycles?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by blackjack007, Feb 2, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

thye most likely bust is an inflationary bust since gov'ts refuse to take painful steps necessary to make economies efficient. all they want to do is to print paper to cover their sins + follies.

#11     Feb 2, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"empathy"

liberals have empathy for everyone but especially for their own wallets.

what can u say about the american people who voted for 2 economic disasters as president - bush and obama.

#12     Feb 2, 2010
  3. Daal

Daal

The actual failures with losses to depositors were fewer than these, tons of banks merged during that time

#13     Feb 2, 2010
  4. Correctamundo! The maximum, sustainable, non-inflationary, REAL GDP growth is the growth rate of the population.

ALL of our boom/bust swings are due to government screwing with the money.

#14     Feb 2, 2010
  5. Daal

Daal

Boy, when I thought I had heard it all. If thats the case this means in the entire history of the world there was no per capita real increase in standards of living

#15     Feb 2, 2010
  6. Dear Daal,

It's clear that some people don't have the capacity to understand the concept of knowledge and how it's applied to economic and personnal growth.

#16     Feb 2, 2010
  7. Where did you come up with this theory?

#17     Feb 2, 2010
  8. I SECOND WHAT U SAID.

#18     Feb 2, 2010
  9. Boom and bust cycles are natural and should just be accepted. I personally think the engineering of the fed to try to smooth out the boom and bust cycles with artificial monetary policy is only contributing to the boom/bust cycles.

For instance, one of the factors of this latest boom and bust was brought on by the artificially low interest rates created by the fed in 2002-2005.

#19     Feb 2, 2010
  10. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Agreed.

#20     Feb 2, 2010