Do you pay Health Insurance out of your profits?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by deadreader, Aug 25, 2003.

1. mktman

mktman

Anyone in Illinois?

Who are you using?

Have a pre-existing condition so I am often screwed.

mktman

#61     Dec 26, 2003
  2. My father found an agent here in California who hooked him up with PacifiCare. He is 63 and has heart issues.

Long story short, he told my dad to go and get a business license in his name and show both he and his wife as owners of the business. No fictitious name filing or anything. Just his name on the business license. Once you have 2 employees, you are qualified for small business group plan.

So I did it. And it worked. I am a trader full time and now pay about 300 for my family of 4. It is a PPO that is self directed. Meaning that I get 1000 dollars for "incidental charges" for one year that rolls over to the next. After 1000 is met, the deductable process starts up. In my case 2000 deductible. The wife and kids share a 2000 dollar per year incidental allowance for mammogram, physicals,flu shots, well visits etc..

Very very happy with it. Less premium, more coverage that blue shield. It is called the Freedom Plan at PacificCare. check it out and ask an agent about that strategy.

#62     Dec 27, 2003
  3. Thanks Ebo.

Chinook

#63     Dec 28, 2003
  4. I saw someone ask on this thread earlier about getting insurance through Bright. Do any of you know how much a family policy costs if obtained through Bright, and which company they use?

Also does Echo offer group insurance as well?

#64     Dec 28, 2003
  5. ------------------------------------------------------------

Echotrade does have Group health, life and dental insurance. The insurance company is Great West. The rates vary by state, I'm in Arizona and pay about $250 for medical, $50 for Dental and $6 for life insurance. I like the medical but not the dental plans. I am in the 5 year cancer survivor period so I have to go in for quite a few regular check ups a year. I am really glad I have insurance...Anyone who gambles and thinks they don't need insurance should have their head examined. All you have to do is get a one week hospital stay and you'll be looking at tens of thousands of dollars.

#65     Dec 29, 2003