Do you pay Health Insurance out of your profits?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by deadreader, Aug 25, 2003.

1. If you're an engineer, the best option I've found is through IEEE. It's a group plan, which helps if you have existing conditions.

http://www.ieeeinsurance.com/

#21     Aug 25, 2003
  2. Not for family coverage it hasn't been - at least not in Illinois. Using Unicare right now - $500 deductible family medical for $471/mo - another $75/mo for dental

#22     Aug 25, 2003
  3. MSA account....I am to tired to explain it...but a medical savings account is what you need......just search it with google....

Michael B.

#23     Aug 25, 2003
  4. An MSA is useful for paying deductibles, copays, and the part of costs not covered by insurance using pretax dollars, but it's not a replacement for insurance. If you get hit by a truck, your MSA will be gone in a heartbeat and you'll still need a lot more bucks to pay everything.

If you don't/can't go with regular health insurance right now, at the very least pick up catastrophic medical insurance as a hedge against serious downside risk along with setting up an MSA - it's like buying an out of the money put in case the bottom suddenly drops out of your stock overnight.

#24     Aug 25, 2003
  5. gms

gms

Another way to seek out health insurance that's usually not thought about is to contact organizations and groups in your area. Sometimes these organizations have acquired health insurance availability for their members. Join up for a small fee a year and enjoy membership benefits in the Hasbrook Heights Social Tea Club, for example, and get health insurance at a discount. What the hey, if you can get health insurance cheaper.

But since you're in the Tri-State area, really contact http://www.abouthealthinsurance.com - they deal in the TriState area. You can get major health plans from leading companies at a discount. All you need to do is set up a business checking account to qualify because they need the check to be paid from a business account in order for the insurance companies to permit the lower rate. I don't make a penny from this. It's just a good find I'm sharing.

#25     Aug 25, 2003
  6. I am collecting on behalf of GMS good advice without his permission.....send money to me

Michael B. :)

#26     Aug 25, 2003
  7. speedy

speedy

You think $500/mo is expensive for a family? Try $1,000 for a good plan!

#27     Aug 25, 2003
  8. I've had a Blue Cross policy for years. Cost has gone up recently from about $240/mo (2 years ago), to a current premium of just above $600/mo. PPO policy pays for everything however and I get to choose my doctor(s). I take a couple of meds and the premium pays for all except $30/mo. From my point of view these companies (Blue Cross included) are gouging the public. I like to encourage everyone to write to legislators about this problem. The way its going, it is just a matter of time before health insurance is too expensive for all but the very wealthy. Thanks, Steve46

#28     Aug 26, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I am having a terrible time getting health insurance in Florida....my premium just went up to $1200 a month for just me and they are going to cancel it anyway because I am moving and closing the business it is written on. I am going to look into the site someone listed on this thread. Celtic, Golden Rule and Blue Cross turned me down......pre-existing conditions.
    Another site to check out is www.ehealthinsurance.com

#29     Aug 26, 2003
  10. zendo

zendo

Rising cost of health coverage is a major headache for us independent traders, our family coverage is now $950 a month, just keeps on going up every year w/ no end in sight.

#30     Aug 26, 2003