Do you (or someone you know) borrows money from the bank to invest?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

it depends on what u buy, take it further back, the S&P 500 chart for last 5 years u be making a measly 7% return for the whole period !

#21     Jan 23, 2008
  2. Drew07

Drew07

I borrowed some money to open my first futures account from a credit card @ 0%. Blew out the account a couple of months ago....still paying the money back. Believe it or not I'm actually not regretting the decision. I would have lost the money anyway so I'd rather learn some lessons now rather than later.

#22     Jan 23, 2008
  3. im guilty of this.

i bought land with money that i earned from my previous business then i got a loan for it. i plan to keep the land for a couple of decades so i thought to just use it as collateral for a loan i got a low interest a couple of years back. its a 10 year loan and i did invest it diversifying thru different investments. my plan hold time is 5 years long term investment. After 5 years i plan to fully pay the loan or review if i should reinvest money to complete the 10 years duration of the loan.

i have time on my hands though as im under 30...

#23     Jan 23, 2008
  4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

credit card checks are only good for what the cah limit is on your card for brokerage accounts or deposits. you can use the whole thing for a regular purchase but the company knows if its for cash such as a brokerage account.

#24     Jan 23, 2008
  5. Very often one can deposit credit card checks into his checking account and it is NOT considered a cash advance. It it treated the same way as a balance transfer to another credit card (3% fee and as low as 0% rate for as long as 12-15 months). But credit cards checks can be of different variety so it is prudent to double check with the credit card company on the details.

So, one could max out credit cards and have funds at a low rate till the promo rate expires or the payment is missed.

#25     Jan 23, 2008