Do you need to understand where the edge comes from?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by qlai, Oct 13, 2018.

1. sle

sle

That is definitely false

#31     Oct 15, 2018
  2. Yes

#32     Oct 15, 2018
  3. Sprout

Sprout

Then you are on the right track and the market itself becomes your teacher.

Time perception itself is malleable. From a certain perspective it must be fixed, just as the Sun tracks across the sky, the daily rhythm needs a tool to perceive the larger pattern of seasonal change. The tool itself though is not the phenomenon but an imagining of one's own thinking overlaid upon the world. So in a way, the tools one forges is in itself is world building.

One could bring up the point that no tools are necessary due to natures' cues of leaves turning color in the fall or budding flowers in the spring.

On a personal level, when I bring the past or the future into the now, I think in terms of events.
    Time that is associated with the events are not the first thing that comes to mind, memories are more feeling associated.

To extend this idea as it applies to markets, novel ways of gauging sentiment would be ripe for creating what others consider 'edge' in developing an ATS.

This is especially true for folks whom want to re-create the wheel from scratch for the challenge of it.

#33     Oct 15, 2018
  4. destriero

destriero

^This^ is public masturbation.

#34     Oct 15, 2018
  5. themickey

themickey

Yes also similar to mastication, chewed over a long period of time with a result of hot air and bull shit.
    Hershey all over again.
    (The Second Coming of Jack)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    #35     Oct 15, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. Sprout

Sprout

Pea sized comment from a pea-sized brain obsessed with peeing on anything and everything,... your avatar is perfect. rothflmao!

#36     Oct 16, 2018
  7. themickey

themickey

That was the whole idea, ROFLMAO

#37     Oct 16, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

Sprout, pretentious waffle, imitating Jack's style, speaking in riddles, you are better than that I would hope. Being a clone is not how most succesful traders operate, they are individuals who think for themselves and are unique.

#38     Oct 16, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Oh my,... all CAPS,...how am I ever gonna recover?

You’re so right for calling me out, whoa!

Well, although surely unintentional, I’m honored you’d put me is such esteemed company as Jack. Contrary to your limiting belief, I’m under no pretention of being comparable to him and his capacity for using logic and deduction. He figured it out, I just followed directions, did drills and did my own due diligence.

As for what I write when not commenting on his methodology, I speak from my own life experience which includes a lot of failing and eating lot’s of humble pie.
    You might want to try some, it’ll make your breath smell better.

The only thing I did differently when reading his writings was to keep an open mind and work methodically and diligently to understand his knowledge of the markets. This was freely shared knowledge which btw dwarfs anything that has come out of that trash eating and talking rodent mouth of yours.

So keep on expressing your rodent like arrogance, which at some point will meet it’s end with a well deserved snap trap.

You post twice as much as I do as someone who talks a lot but doesn’t really say anything of value.

But hey you certainly put me in my place, let’s hear some unique and individual wisdom the ol mickey wants to drop when not appropriating Uncle Walt’s creativity.

#39     Oct 16, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

Try a little harder with your arithmetic.

#40     Oct 16, 2018