do you need a lisence?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by shkmhk, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. shkmhk


    A few of us are pooling our money together and setting up a corp to protect ourselves. Do you need a license to trade other people money and give advice even when its going to be family members and friends in the forex?
  2. I can trade your money for you. And I ain't got no lisence.

    PM me for details.

  3. It varies. If you live in the U.S., I think each state has its own rules about this. If you go to Interactive Brokers, they have an account type called "Friends and Family Advisor" account, where you can manage other people's money. They say you need to contact your state to see what the specific rules are.
  4. No, it's Federal. You're limited to 15 "clients".
  5. sccz97


    HAHAHA stop it, you're killing me

    ... oh , you were being serious ...
  6. you better be pretty dam good to take other people and lose thier hard earned moeny, or else have really understanding people or people who have enough money they won;t miss it.

    Seriously, you set yourself up for a psychological falilure, the pressures of your own money are hard enough without dealing with the otehr people,
  7. You think you're a better trader than me?

    Anytime you wanna try to open and close 100 winning trades in a row, on EUR/USD, let me know....

  8. sccz97


    blah blah blah