Do You Listen To The News While Trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BobbyMurcerFan, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Momento

Momento

They tell you everything . Why are things going up.. why are things going slow... etc

remember:
    No one has any idea what's GOING to happen next, BUT I can tell you what's happening NOW.

#21     Feb 12, 2003
  2. Patriot

Patriot

A better source for trading news than CNBC is webfn.com. Of course it's only web based and can drain computer resources.

#22     Feb 12, 2003
  3. How does anyone keep thier sanity listening to CNBC and those stupid commercials all day? Or has sanity been sacrificed at the alter of $.

#23     Feb 12, 2003
  4. CNBC IS THE DEVIL !!!!

CNBC causes cancer of the brokerage account.

those commentators have no insight into the market that a fresh business grad wouldn't have, but somehow because they are on TV they are supposed to be gifted traders. Its a psychological trick, and its evil, so don't watch it.

#24     Feb 13, 2003
  5. Bloomberg with the volume set low because of annoying commercials.

#25     Feb 13, 2003
  6. too bad CNBC is the last to announce it usually..
    If I hear that TD Waterhourse old codger say "you have to learn before you earn" again I am going to postal.. Why does CNBC have to play the same ads every time?!!!

#26     Feb 13, 2003
  7. gongish

gongish

i know a trader that will watch a stock run up all day and wait for when cnbc mentions it to short it.

#27     Feb 13, 2003
  8. Hearing news from someone who reads them from bloomberg/dj is the best case.

#28     Feb 13, 2003
  9. I know a guy who fades the WSJ as well. He claims they are like 90% accurate at calling the wrong shots. Guess everyone is in by the time the third stringers (journalists) get a clue. I'm a day trader so this doesn't work for me, but I find it funny anyway.

Jay

#29     Feb 13, 2003
  10. Here's an example of how bad CNBC is. All morning they're mentioning CE is getting whacked and it only missed earnings by half a penny.
    At no time do they mention the multiple management changes.
    You think that has something to do with the clobberring it's taking?
    Doh?

#30     Feb 13, 2003