Do you like people?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aradiel, Jul 16, 2006.

Do you like people?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

112 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. I am so glad I am a trader and have a dog. well, also Wifey :)

#21     Jul 17, 2006
  2. Hell is other people :)

#22     Jul 17, 2006
  3. aradiel

aradiel

On the other hand, they are pretty predictable; dont you think?

#23     Jul 17, 2006
  4. zdreg

zdreg

elec. savant
    did you stop taking PMs?

#24     Jul 17, 2006
  5. No I was banned...

Just kidding.

sorry about this PM thing. I cannot attend to them with justice. i find PM's to require a quicker personal response and it is distracting me.

I am in the trading period of my life and I am a little jumpy. When I get nervous I post more...over the weekend I wore people out..

I just cannot take all of the PM's just now...

As to this thread...If I told you that I could make a profit at anytime and you could tell me when...I just get to pick the Forex Pair (s)...then you understand I do not want to know people, just now...a lot of them are on the take. We are feverishly trading 24 hours a day, while this works.

I will tell you that I will never work for a Hedge Fund again at 5%...I will trade my own money first...

Good Trading to You..

Michael B.

P.S. Yes I too have problems with dealing with and managing the emotion of trading...I'm fricken human. I am adding 15k more to my account next month and ElectricSavant is all business now. Where is Wifey, I got to go backhand her...

P.P.S. The mod's do not even bother me anymore hehe...

http://www.electricsavant.com/Spreader Live Results.xls

#25     Jul 17, 2006
  6. Some people, most dogs..

#26     Jul 17, 2006
  7. i think trading is a fairly solitary pursuit. as such, it tends to attract independant minded people.

if you like interacting, managing, persuading or feed off people - i think trading probably isnt for you.

i like interaction with people outside the work setting. as for trading - i am so happy to sit here alone in my little office that i could puke. when compared with having to make small talk with employees or managers or bosses - and tell people what to do or be told what to do - there is no comparison for me. i worked as a GM for a while and couldnt stand the hand holding and bullshit. i found it paralyzing... i have no need to control someone or be superior or to encourage someone....reather be left alone...

i do feel isolated an lonely once in a while. but it always comed back to being grateful compared to the alternative... "uhhhh.... im gonna need you to come in on saturday" "and sunday"......

#27     Jul 17, 2006
  8. hjay23

hjay23

i thnk the the original quote was via google

APROPOS of Mr Ayaz Amir’s quote on dogs (Sept 30) attributed to the French president, Charles de Gaulle, the phrase “Now that I know men, I prefer dogs” was actually used by the the Prussian emperor, Fredrick the Great.

In the first week of May 1945 Hitler echoed the words in his Berlin bunker. “Now that I know men, I prefer dogs”, he quoted Emperor Fredrick while petting his Alsatian bitch Bondi. Hitler had learnt that his commanders had surrendered Berlin to the Red Army, in defiance of his orders to fight for Berlin till the last man and last bullet.

Charles de Gaulle was no canine lover. Condoling with Jacqueline Kennedy in the White House, in November 1963, over the death of her husband president John F. Kennedy, film clips show that he moved his legs away when Mrs Kennedy’s dogs were sniffing at his trousers in the Oval Office. Flying back to Paris from Washington, in the wake of president Kennedy’s funeral, author Andre Malraux said: Jacqueline was magnificent. “Bah,” predicted de Gaulle, “she will end up on some oil man’s yacht within five years.”

MOHAMMED AZIZ HAJI DOSSA
    Karachi

#28     Jul 17, 2006
  9. hjay23

hjay23

oh yea, and I voted yes

#29     Jul 17, 2006
  10. hcour

hcour Guest

I don't much care for people in general, but I like them specifically, when I get to know them.

I moved from a small southern town to NYC and lived there for years. All you have to do is be there for a few days and walk down the sidewalk for a few mins or go into a shop and buy something and you will come to the conclusion that people are pretty much crap. But if you meet those same people in a bar and drink a few beers and start talking, most of the time (not all, there are exceptions, of course) you'll realize they're not so bad and they're really no different than you.

At certain times I can be an asshole, but I'm not an asshole, really. Once shortly after I moved to NY I was having a problem w/a neighbor in my apt building and we both thought the other was a complete and utter fuckwad. Then one night we ended up sitting next to each other at the local watering hole and started talking and we ended up being very good friends. Our "problem", which was really a result of the circumstances we were in and not of some personality conflict, was resolved, and it's a friendship that remains today.

So yeah, people are assholes, and they're not.

H

#30     Jul 17, 2006