Do you like people?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aradiel, Jul 16, 2006.

Do you like people?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

112 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. zdreg

zdreg

do you like them?

#11     Jul 17, 2006
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Here is phrase, not mine, which can be said which is both amusing and serious at the same time.

'People poisoning'.

It means too much time and too much attention can be paid to the company and opinions of other people. So use some time by yourself to collect and organize your own thoughts and to free yourself from all the debris that other people can attach to you.
    :)

#12     Jul 17, 2006

3. Mark Twain:

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

#13     Jul 17, 2006
  4. The question should be, "Do people like you?"

Because if they don't, then it doesn't matter if you like them or not...

You are doomed...:p

#14     Jul 17, 2006
  5. Are people happier if they like other people?

Or are people happier because they think other people like them? And is that the same as other people liking them?

And, based on the responses to the question here would this community care?

#15     Jul 17, 2006
  6. TRIBUTE TO A DOG

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world.

The one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.

A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness.

He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side.

He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer.

He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world.

He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince, when all other friends will desert, he remains.

When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is constant in his love as the son in its journey throughout the heavens…

#16     Jul 17, 2006
  7. Please don't develop your perceptions about America based on products emanating from Hollywood (Michael Moore products especially). I realize this is hard to do, but the majority of the country is 180 degrees different.

#17     Jul 17, 2006
  8. I've spent a lot of time in the US so my perceptions are quite broad. Its still interesting to see what people say; although no-one has taken this challenge.

#18     Jul 17, 2006
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

Here's another great quote "Pet the dog, beat the wife"

#19     Jul 17, 2006
  10. maxpi

maxpi

I like a lot of people but I am selective. If they are playful and imaginative and have their shit together, fine, the rest are a little harder to like but I probably will like them eventually. Who I really don't waste time on are bullies, and they are everywhere. Here is the behavior: kiss up to the bosses and treat everybody on their own level as bad as they can get away with. Start looking for it and you will change your opinion on a few people around you. Most of us, when treated badly by somebody, don't realize that they are also running to the authorities or bosses with info about us.

#20     Jul 17, 2006