Do you know anyone who has made money off of the Elliott Wave?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 10, 2009.

Have you or anyone you have known made money off of the Elliott Wave?

1. I know lots of people who make money on a consistent people

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. I know some people who make money on a consistent basis

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. I know lots of people who make money on an inconsistent basis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I know some people who make money on an inconsistent basis

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. I dont know anyone, but I think money can be made from it

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. I dont know anyone and think that money cant be made from it.

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Thanks for taking the time to vote and respond. I suspected this was the case. The majority of people do not know and believe that money can be made from it. A minority of persons know some people who make money off of it. Few people make money off of it consistently.

So Im guessing the Wave Theory is just another one of those market strategies that do not work for most people. Only a few people can get it to work on a consistent basis.

#11     Oct 12, 2009
  2. a close friend of mine made millions in college correctly calling the big crash. he swears by "mastering eliott wave" by glen neally---- needless to say, he has never repeated the performance.

#12     Oct 12, 2009
  3. lol

#13     Oct 12, 2009
  4. Ive tried it for 1 month but have concluded that it wouldn't give me a distinct advantage over the common indicators(like RSI, volume, and S&R levels),etc.... which I use everyday.

I sent txt msgs to my pro trader friends(one trades at Barclays, NY branch and the other trades at a hedge fund in Palm Beach, FL)

Their response: None of their firms use Elliot Wave.

#14     Oct 12, 2009
  5. "the gods of luck are truly benificient to us mortals every now and again"

#15     Oct 12, 2009

6. yes.

#16     Oct 12, 2009
  7. Yes look for a poster on ET named Landis which is an expert proponent of Elliot Wave. I heard he lost his shirt in his expert application of the wave though:D

#17     Oct 12, 2009