Do you have the 'make money' gene? How about the 'keep the money'?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Optionpro007, Apr 8, 2007.

1. True but discipline alone is not enough.

If so everybody who goes to the military could become extremely wealthy with ease but that is not necessarily the case.

Yes, there are also those who are born into the right family and so forth, but how many of those don't become screw ups later in life? A good number I would say.

We all know that discipline is a HUGE factor in determining success in this business (or any other, but more on this one than most). my original post was not meant to really discuss this issue per se, but more the "what happens if after applying all the hard work and discipline " a person still doesn't see results?

I say yes, genetically speaking a person can have invisible, almost undetectable traits which keep him or her from achieving the long term success they desire.

Can this be changed? I think it can be, studying ourselves to achieve a very deep understating of our own psyche, getting to the roots of all roots sort of thing.

I think this process can take years even when one is completely focused on it.

Just food for thought.

:)

#51     Apr 11, 2007
  2. I have one word for you :

V A S E C T O M Y :eek:

#52     Apr 11, 2007
  3. Cesko

Cesko

You think you're picking on me, but I am laughing at you.
    You have no idea how much it bothers me.:mad:

#53     Apr 11, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

opportunity meeting preparedness ( with a little dash of hard work)= making money....some people are at the right place at the right time and still cant make a dime because they are not prepared. peace

#54     Apr 11, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

and in a field of 8000 it boils down to 90% luck...even the pros understand that it is now more luck than ever before...just because of the sheer size of the pool...

#55     Apr 11, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes u put everything on single trade when your opponent is loose and you are looking down at the nuts...so yes u would....and perhaps you should get a LATINA cleaner instead ...fruit cake :p

#56     Apr 11, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

and even then if you are not prepared to take the bull by the horns you will not succeed....i can vouch for that on a personal level...and looking back oh boy do i ever which i had more patience..

#57     Apr 11, 2007
  8. Cesko

Cesko

I made a determination not to be that way. So again... It's Discipline... And now that you have uncovered this... It's Choice...
    I still don't think it's just discipline. (I am not denying it's the most important part though.)
    Let's put it this way. I have never ever had any problems with any kind of addiction. Is it just a matter of discipline, difference between crack-head and me? No way.
    Theoretically it's just a choice but in real life, quite often, people are unable to overcome themselves to make choice they want to make. Believe me I know, it's story of my fucked up life.

#58     Apr 11, 2007
  9. I don’t think people are unable to, just unwilling to. They don’t want to pay the price. It’s easy to make plans to change, but when u are planning u only look at one side of the coin, u think about the benefits and not the costs. When the costs are felt, many chooses to ignore the plans. They didn’t want what they thought they wanted. The real choice is made when everything is factored in, eventually everything will be factored in and everything is a choice.

#59     Apr 11, 2007
  10. Cesko

Cesko

I don’t think people are unable to, just unwilling to....
    Then you should be able to explain that to insane person to gather himself, discipline himself to straighten up his thinking.
    Remember "being normal" is relative term.

#60     Apr 12, 2007