Do you have the 'make money' gene? How about the 'keep the money'?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Optionpro007, Apr 8, 2007.

1. If u don’t create ur own destiny u don’t exist, ur just an observer being tossed around. Nothing will ever mean something. Rich, poor a successfully trader or not, it’s like being proud of ur height, proud of something totally out of ur influence.. That u create ur own destiny is just something u know..

#41     Apr 9, 2007
  2. opt789

opt789

Thank you very much optionpro007 (apparently a poor choice for screen name) for reminding me why true professional traders do not bother with this so called elite trading board. I apologize for forgetting the type of people who populate it. Keep up the good work of insulting those who are experienced and successful to keep this site free of them.

To be clear, anyone who has been in charge of monitoring hundreds of traders and deciding when to shut them down can tell which traders have "it". But we can't tell you what "it" is or why they have it. You rarely if ever contact them and you watch their p/l grow consistently. The problematic traders consistently make themselves known from week 1. I was merely pointing out that some of these problem traders were able to turn things around which points to the possibility that their problems were not inherent or "genetic" and could be corrected. You implied that your behavior would always revert back by referring to this as a genetic issue. I apologize if I inferred erroneously.

Good luck fixing your failures with the pointless posts on this thread made by, as you put it, non profitable traders.

#42     Apr 9, 2007
  3. Yeah well the 1980s and 1990s have long passed us by. This is 2007. The world is a very different place. You are either in the club or you are shut out.

You can have a breakthrough idea/concept/venture and noone will listen to you. Yet some moron from the right family will have people lining up to invest in something that is doomed for failure.

Opportunity is being consolidated to keep competition out. Like I said, nowdays, the best "make money" gene is being born into the right family.

#43     Apr 9, 2007
  4. =================
    Exactly, & while its a bit more complex than several sentences;
    still true, garbage in garbage out.

And not calling any trader here a dog, but to elementary illustrate;
    a bloodhound is created with long ears, which focuses the scent near his nose. And even those not gifted with long ears can still learn/do enough trailing to eat well.

:cool:

#44     Apr 10, 2007
  5. Cesko

Cesko

Yeah well the 1980s and 1990s have long passed us by. This is 2007. The world is a very different place. You are either in the club or you are shut out.
    I don't really want to pick on you but I am out of my wits how you figured this one out. Considering this is a trading site I am dumbfounded.

#45     Apr 10, 2007
  6. Cesko

Cesko

As one man said.... Women civilize men and men cultivate women.
    Reminds me story I've read somewhere. When French (John Law?) needed to jump-start economy around Mississippi Delta they tried to get most guys married. So it happened, but the problem was lots of men at that time and place got married to native women and it didn't really do a trick because these native wives were undemanding (nice). Next solution? Bring French hookers from old country. That did it.
    Kind of sad though. Where is the freaking love God damned?

#46     Apr 10, 2007
  7. Cesko

Cesko

You still might have been lucky. If you have parents "who care" but dismiss you most of the time for being "stupid" and this goes on for years (formative years) I guarantee you you would have much tougher problem to discipline yourself and follow through with whatever dream you have.
    Which gets me to the point business is not intellectual endeavor and huge part to be successful is being able to play a con-game (basically)(trading being honorable exception).
    If you are a good confidence man you can be successful in almost anything.

#47     Apr 10, 2007
  8. I guess the part where I quoted a certain comment by a previous poster has completely eluded you. Maybe you should check for ADD and take some pills?

You think you're picking on me, but I am laughing at you.

Seriously, reading out of context is never a good idea unless you are trying to manipulate sentiment and misrepresent facts.

#48     Apr 10, 2007

9. Thanks for describing me to a tee. Thank god there were others around me who helped combat the ignorance of my rejective father and mother...

Imagine being told the reason your father didnt want to be around you was because your mother wasnt giving it up any more.... (This came straight from the Horses mouth)

If you can imagine that, then you have described a portion of my life.

I made a determination not to be that way. So again... It's Discipline... And now that you have uncovered this... It's Choice...

#49     Apr 10, 2007
  10. Greetings everyone,

Wanted to apologize to you guys following this thread for my ramblings monday morning.

I find it extremely insulting when a 'supposed to be' professional trader belittles those who are beginning in this profession.

My bad, I shouldn't let anybody (and normally never do) get to my nerves that easily. optwhatever sent me a pm after our exchange stating he had instructed the administrator to remove his posts and thought I would too. I agreed but it seems the moderators only deleted one (probably keeping the others ones for added flavor) :D

Anyway back to the original subject.

:)

#50     Apr 11, 2007