Do you have the 'make money' gene? How about the 'keep the money'?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Optionpro007, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Proven. LOL. Thats funny. Thats like saying Doctors have all the answers.

Last I checked they call it a PRACTICE.....

And Cancer... Thats another barrel of worms....

The only proof is that mankind has jacked up his own food supply so badly that now we have "proven" diseases.

We'll save that fight for another thread....

On the converse, it is PROVEN that tumors are a result of ones emotional condition.

Proven... Thats funny.

Is life after death proven??? No, yet many believe in it....

PROVEN... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Please.....

I can prove if you eat bad food, you'll get diabetes... PROVEN!!!!!

#21     Apr 8, 2007
  2. Beg to differ my dear chap, having never ever played poker, l joined a couple of open tournaments in London and managed to come in top 3 five times. All l did was just use aggressive anti-martingale MM. I clearly remember constantly referring to the guide charts as l did not even know what a given hand of cards would mean/represent ? Used to chuckle when people would say all in !!! Would you ever put everything on a single trade !!! Its all about what you keep, not how much you make. Even applied it to other areas of life and the difference is great. Moving from a £1100 apartment to a £650 one, same area,same scene, even got a nice young Latino weekly cleaner thrown in as well :D

#22     Apr 8, 2007
  3. Spend a day with 30 kindergarteners, be a substitute teacher for a class of teens or just hang out at any of the many "prop" shops and tell me if you still think so.

#23     Apr 8, 2007
  4. pqt

pqt

I don't know why but I feel you have some kind of complex or personal reason to sound as cynical as you did in your post. :confused:
    What I can gather is you probably never go see a doc when you are sick but prefer to "cure" yourself with a good home-made chicken soup...:p

#24     Apr 8, 2007
  5. Thats Quaint... I have 9 Children. Discipline can be taught.. Be a REAL parent.

A class of rowdy kindergarteners?? That is a class of children unrestrained by their Biological dna donors.

Put mine in the class, and before you know it those rowdy kids are calm and sensible. Barring they haven't been tanked up on sugar and/or ritalin.

#25     Apr 8, 2007
  6. yeah that gotta be it. it's mostly about circumstances and environment. people that dont have family pressures, dont have to rely on winnings to put food on the table and can afford to lose as much as it takes are the ones with a huge advantage. they can take risky ventures and not worry about the consequences. but i am convinced that in the right situation, with the right mindset and surrounded by the right people, anyone could make it.

#26     Apr 8, 2007
  7. This is funny. I am cynical because I have experienced and KNOW THE TRUTH of which I speak. That is a personal reason. I am tired of watching people kill themselves....

When I was 24 I had Extremely High Cholesterol. I changed my diet. It went down. No drugs, no poisons, no pharma cures that have a ton of side-effects. I changed my eating habits... DISCIPLINE.

I dont eat meat, I eat a vegetarian diet. I have ... firsthand.. experienced the pleasures of eating a healthy diet. I put down the steaks, the lobster, the shrimp, the Chicken, the turkey and whatever else I used to indulge. I have watched my BODY transform... I am as healthy as I have ever been. SHARP in my mind and faculties.....

So I express my opinion. SOmetimes rather strongly, other times rather gently.

But I am not the subject. The subject is Make money genes and keep money genes...

And I will continue to say one thing.

DISCIPLINE.

Undisciplined traders lose money. Been there done that, dont like it. To take a phrase out the the Chronicles of Livermore.... If I lose money, what I am doing isnt working...

I dont like losing money. When I do I analyze, observe and adjust.... Am I some great trader. NO WAY. Not by a long shot. But sense I chose to exercise discipline in my trading... following rules I set up for myself to keep myself under control. I Watch my account go up, not down.

So again. DISCIPLINE.

BTW when I changed to a vegetarian Diet, I tossed out a freezer full of meat. It was easy. I chose my health over my flesh. PERIOD.

Discipline.

#27     Apr 8, 2007
  8. And that is a nice summation.....

One thing I learned. get rid of those who drag on you and like a balloon, you will soar to higher heights.

#28     Apr 8, 2007
  9. IMO to become really rich if u starts with nothing u needs to be a saver and a risk taker. Most people are probably spenders and those who are savers are probably risk averse (that’s why they save) so the basic traits needed to become rich are probably more rare than one should think..

#29     Apr 8, 2007
  10. Or have a great idea and leverage the heck out of it. LOL...

#30     Apr 8, 2007