Do You Have Balls? Goldman Sachs Is Breaking Down

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 4, 2006.

1. One shorts negative situations, such as failed re-tests, broken necklines, or the lowest low over a period of time, rather than breakOUTS. Particularly at no resistance all time high with a gap that's gone unfilled for more than 3 days.

More apt to be a blowoff top than a short.

• gs.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
    #31     Sep 18, 2006
  2. osheag

osheag

so you are a raging bull?

#32     Sep 18, 2006
  3. I started watching this stock a few days ago, it has some great intraday swings.
    moves a couple of bucks either way within minutes, you gotta love it.

however I really dont care about long term direction.

#33     Sep 19, 2006
  4. pv150

pv150

A boatload of buyers still holding ... anyone else think its waiting for the dow to sell off?

#34     Oct 2, 2006
  5. mcurto

mcurto

Hearing from a few contacts within GS that they are massively short stocks and so far on the wrong side of the trade (some signs of relief for them after today). They are also topping last year (with 3 months left) in terms of amount set aside for bonuses, their trading groups will probably carry earnings for them again. Would be careful shorting this stock as the overall market falls, because they will stand to make a killing.

#35     Oct 2, 2006
  6. pv150

pv150

Talk about a contrarian indicator... we got a sure thing here, goes up no matter what??!! :confused: But what happens one morning there's weakness in Lehman or Morgan... how about 3x more likely we'd see a pullback across the board. How many 'investors' went long 170+? :eek:

#36     Oct 2, 2006
  7. <i>That</i> is interesting info.

#37     Oct 2, 2006
  8. Chabah

Chabah

At least one :D

#38     Oct 3, 2006
  9. Now that I feel like a jackass for starting this thread, is it possible GS has peaked based on TA?

I'm looking for some spiritual solace here.

#39     Oct 3, 2006
  10. lol, trying to call the top?.. I tried that with rimm more than once, so I know how ya feel.

#40     Oct 3, 2006