Do You Have Balls? Goldman Sachs Is Breaking Down

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 4, 2006.

1. KS96

KS96

to me as well.

#11     Sep 5, 2006
  2. odds are better for upside, 2% room is there imo. may break down near the previous top [155/156] and there could be a good short, why not wait; reoccourrin' pattern is tellin', of course if this time is different....

#12     Sep 5, 2006
  3. KS96

KS96

Odds are >50% it will re-test and break April's high.

#13     Sep 5, 2006
  4. that's quite a strech, technically, why u give it so good odds?

#14     Sep 5, 2006
  5. KS96

KS96

It wouldn't have reached 155+ twice (end-of-July and August, forming something that looks like a double top),
    if it was going to break below 140.

It's the year 2006! The pattern the bears think they see, it doesn't work anymore.
    What we may have here is probably a cup and multiple handles (or a messy inverse H&S), refueling for a move up to the April's high, at least.

#15     Sep 5, 2006
  6. I certainly appreciate the imput and thoughts...now when I'm looking to throw up a stock for discussion I'll be sure to add "Balls" or "tits" to the header:D

#16     Sep 5, 2006
  7. minor pullback and strong push up on this chart but the Dow could ruin the party

#17     Sep 5, 2006
  8. In the interest of fair disclosure, I borrowed the "[d]o you have any balls?" question from Stephen Colbert.

Only he asks "[d]o you have any balls?...Well, do you?"

#18     Sep 5, 2006
  9. i don't know why the initial article you cited is bearish on GS in particular (I don't know, I didn't read it)

But GS, and a lot of the "bigger known" IB's are beginning to diversify. Goldman morphing into a "hedge fund" of sorts, launching Private Equity arms, Bear capitalizing on clearing and prime brokerage.. JPM.. if they can get that behemoth of a bank side turned around....

Maybe in the short term things may not look well, but in the long term, these guys are positioning themselves for something greater.

Perhaps there will be a lot of consolidation as the "traditional IB's" begin to feel a pinch, but that's just my opinion.

disclaimer: I'm affiliated with the places i've mentioned, and no, I don't trade their stocks.

#19     Sep 5, 2006
  10. KS96

KS96

true... the dow could ruin it big time

#20     Sep 5, 2006