Do you have a facebook?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cashmoney69, Oct 7, 2006.

1. MySpace is no longer the playground of mostly teens and college students. Apparently that's a common misconception these days. According to the latest analysis from comScore Media Metrix, fully half (51.6%) of MySpace users are over 35, while only 11.9% (vs. 24.7% just a year ago) are 17 and under.

http://www.comscore.com/press/release.asp?press=1019

Incidentally, as of last month, Facebook relaxed its eligibility requirements. Before, you generally had to be part of a college or high school network, although some companies and organizations were also eligible. Now, you only need... a valid email address. Just like ET itself.

#11     Oct 8, 2006
  2. cm69, i had facebook for about 2 years or so. It was okay.

got rid of it recently b/c I found it a waste of time

def. not into myspace, either.

#12     Oct 8, 2006
  3. Yea, its really nothing more than e-mail on steroids. Once you go to college, everything just becomes small talk, because people become more busy, make new friends, move away... so on and so on...

cm69

#13     Oct 8, 2006
  4. Very true, my friend. Facebook was O.K. for socializing / staring at Chick's pictures in between classes. It's something to do when you're bored, but I'd rather be viewing charts/reading something fulfilling =)

anyway, give it a whirl you're at college, just try not to make it an obsession like I've seen some of my classmates do.

my next thing to get rid of is EliteTrader :D no offence Baron, lovely & informative site, btw.

#14     Oct 8, 2006
  5. I don't think facebook is going to be big. Just my opinion. ;)

#15     Aug 16, 2015
  6. LOL

Seriously, can't think of a more useless billion dollar company. They create nothing; they solve nothing; they don't make people's lives materially better. All about the almighty click bait.

#16     Aug 16, 2015
  7. Love it. Back in 2006 i was walking in central park with a potential investor. He asked me if i had a facebook-- i told him i have a face better suited for radio --

Within 6 months , he had invested $30 million in our fund...and i still don't have a facebook.

surf

#17     Aug 16, 2015