Do you hate talking heads on CNBC who don't actually trade but always got something to say?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lentus, Sep 18, 2019.

1. lentus

lentus

I kind of despise them and honestly have an urge to lowkey spit in one of their faces.

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You're the same guy that asked a question about REPO...right ?

CNBC is one of the real time live financial stations that discussed REPO in depth via bringing on those (guest speakers) that knows a lot more about REPO than both of us.

Now you want to "spit in one of their faces"...WOW. :thumbsdown:

Be careful about Bloomberg if you're considering them the best alternative to CNBC. More professional institutional traders have been arrested in the past years from their private chat rooms for rigging the Forex Currency markets than anywhere else.

They even gave them self a clever name...the Cartel. :rolleyes:

wrbtrader

ElCubano, dozu888 and tommcginnis like this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

I never any more take the word of the media on markets. They know no more than we do - they read what happened to the stock market last time oil prices soared/tumbled and they asked some old chums in a bank what happened last time oil prices soared/tumbled and they spew out the same recycled garbage. But its intended for people who don't trade so I guess they're happy with it.

Like The Voice is intended for people who don't like music.......

lentus likes this.
  4. lentus

lentus

Yea, I watch heavy today because of the rate decision. Yes, they talked about repo. It was just a bunch of BS. No real takeaways. No conclusions about how it effects the actual markets we trade. And not even a good explanation for plebs of what it is and how it works and what actually happened. An art of talking a lot without saying anything that matters.

5. lentus

lentus

I'm primarily an FX trader so I know about this. It's not that big of a deal. They just fixed the settlement rates to fuck their own commercial/hedge clients. Doesn't really affect the speculators like us.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I got what they talked about today and yesterday involving the REPO. Bloomberg had a nice explanation too including some nice archive video files.

Not sure what you're talking about unless you're talking about something else not involving REPO.

Do you know about it since learning about it 30mins ago when you asked that question that basically stated WTF is repo and then others responded to give an explanation to your question in that other thread ? :sneaky:

wrbtrader

7. lentus

lentus

O and how dare you assume my gender? I identify as an elephant, fascist!

8. lentus

lentus

Dispute my statement or stfu :sneaky:

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Nothing to dispute...your own words at the below link.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...ut-and-whether-it-even-matters-for-us.336040/

Glad you learned something today. :D

It's okay...I learned it yesterday too...no biggie.

Last of all, I won't bother to answer your other question in that thread via a video from the talking heads because I've decided to stfu as you requested...

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  10. #fakenews

#10     Sep 18, 2019