Do you hate doing your taxes?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, Feb 15, 2003.

1. I'm terrible at recordkeeping for expenses,so I don't take all the deductions to which I am entitled. I don't take a home office deduction, I don't deduct my cable bill, and many office supply receipts get lost. If this costs me an extra couple grand per year, I figure I spent maybe $75 / hour or less to watch TV, party, etc, instead of recordkeeping. It's worth it to me.

I can't stand being organized, although I do enjoy learning the tax law and understanding it. Ask anyone who knows me about the state of my home office and you'll get a great laugh.

#11     Feb 16, 2003
  2. qdz2

qdz2

yes, I hate doing tax. I'd like to be in paradise without tax filing.

:p

#12     Feb 16, 2003
  3. omcate

omcate

You are not alone.

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the Income Tax". -Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

:( :( :(
    :( :( :(

#13     Feb 16, 2003
  4. if this new savings plan that bush purposed passes it will be the ultimate trading vehicle imho. i urge every trader to contact their representative and lobby for this plan. it isn't often they do something good for traders.

http://www.thestreet.com/funds/beve...n/10066365.html

"Roth IRAs require that in order to contribute $2,000, investors must have at least $2,000 in earned income. With the elimination of the earned income requirement, parents not only can sock away $30,000 per year per couple, but also another $15,000 per child. "

#14     Feb 16, 2003