Do you guys use Zorro?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by GloriaBrown, Dec 25, 2018.

1. #11     Dec 5, 2019
  2. Karen

Karen

The support of Zorro is exceptionally poor. I subscribed to obtain support. After continuously being referred to the manual, I replied that I would be cancelling my subscription due to the lack of support. I got the reply below:

we understand that. Using a software like Zorro requires basic knowledge about writing scripts and entering commands. Questions make only sense when you are able to understand the answers. With no basic understanding, it is not recommended to trade with a technical platform, since that will be dangerous to your investment. So we suggest that you do not use Zorro S any further.

Do not be sad about it. Your talents may be elsewhere. Of course, if you think it makes any sense, you can still ask questions until the end of your support period.

A few days later, I received another email from support

in case you do not know how to share your experience with investors: you can do that on the Zorro forum. There you'll find most potential investors, and even a section for rants. You will be treated friendly. Not be made fun of, as probably everywhere else.

#12     Jan 18, 2021
  3. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

Zorro It looks like a great tool, if one looks and judge it for what it is, a tool for your job. Discussions about if its profitable or not for users, is rather strange direction when discussing if its a good piece of software.

I have not tried it yet, but seriously consider it, for complex portfolio testing and trading equities. I also consider openquant/smartquant.

Its not as easy as it might seem, to find a good software, that is capable of testing and have a good trading engine to handle large portfolios with subportfolios etc.

And no no, to cloud solutions, preferably one wants to own it and then pay for updates, and option to feed it with my own database. preferably a large userbase to share and get feedback from, Ohh it should also have maintained broker apiĀ“s.

Ideas?, Zorro is one, openquant/smartquant is almost one (but rather outdated it seems)..

#13     Jan 29, 2021
    Zorro Trader likes this.
  4. Zorro Trader is actually an industry-grade tool. As such, it is not very user-friendly, in the sense that you must learn how to program in Lite-C. There is no "point-and-click" way to implement your trading strategies. But then any trading strategy that has some merit cannot be implemented without some more advanced coding skills. Learning how to code in Zorro Trader is not that difficult, though. And you can learn for free here: Zorro Trader.

#14     Sep 9, 2022