Do you guys think opening an hour earlier would effect west coast traders mentally?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mahram, Aug 10, 2009.

1. That would be quite decent.

#21     Aug 18, 2009
  2. I found this thread after a search for "Nikkei". Ironically, I'm dealing with this same issue. I day trade from LA and recently have taken on a couple consulting gigs and only sleep a couple hours a day. Something has to give. I've been looking into trading Asian markets. Any pointers? I added an E-Trade Global markets account, but I think its pathetic web based. Any reco's on software/data/platform/brokers for trading Nikkei, Hang Seng?

Also looked into the most liquid Nikkei futures products and read that the Osaka contract is most popular/fast/liquid followed by a contract on the Singapore exchange and that the CME /NKD is least liquid/popular. This came from an '07 Reuters article (http://www.reuters.com/article/bankingfinancial-SP/idUSSIN15340420070205). Does anyone know if this characterization is still true? Any know of any prop firms that would provide me with some extra buying power?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

#22     Aug 30, 2009
  3. nah man, that would be a brutal grind after awhile.

#23     Aug 31, 2009
  4. NevouS

NevouS

5:30am for west coast? Damn 630 is somewhat tough. i mean its not as hard as asia from 10-3am or whatever.

but yeah, east coast trying to stick it to us west coasters even more. i wouldn't mind if we merged PST and mountain time though....

#24     Aug 31, 2009
  5. drcha

drcha

and how would we know if we were mentally affected, anyway....

#25     Sep 1, 2009