Do you guys think opening an hour earlier would effect west coast traders mentally?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mahram, Aug 10, 2009.

1. drcha

drcha

I'm already bummed out about having to be up and at 'em by 6:30 every weekday until I kick the bucket. 5:30 would be terrible. I guess I would have to work out some kind of schedule where I get up from 5:30 to 7:00, then go back to sleep....

And those poor Hawaiians. Any Hawaiians or Pacific Islanders on here?

#11     Aug 16, 2009
  2. new$

new$

I used to live in the islands- they will not even get up for NFL games. Surf, yes.
    :cool:

#12     Aug 16, 2009
  3. They trade the Nikkei and Hang Seng. :D

Well... you do whatever it takes. If the job requires getting up at 4am, you just suck it up and do it. There is always some aspects of a job that one doesn't like.

#13     Aug 18, 2009
  4. If you trade from the West Coast then you already wake up 4am a lot of the time.

Now it would be waking up at 3am. Which is when many New Yorkers go to bed...

Not to say the exchange shouldn't open earlier. But the Nikkei, Hang Seng and Kospi are looking better and better.

#14     Aug 18, 2009
  5. We need something like the Japan markets... morning session, 2-hour siesta, afternoon session.

4 trading hours would be plenty. Place your trades, then go home. No sense lolly gagging around an extra few hours.

#15     Aug 18, 2009
  6. CET

CET

I think you should quit wasting your time on hypothetical scenarios.

#16     Aug 18, 2009
  7. Wasted 1.2 seconds... Don't know how I'll live with the tragedy.

#17     Aug 18, 2009
  8. Hell No!:D I thought about moving back to CA recently, but I don't even want to get up at 5:45 to be ready at 6:30. Us night ppl forget it. I get jealous of you ET time zone folks.

#18     Aug 18, 2009
  9. LOL!

I did trade the US markets from Hong Kong for 3 weeks during a visit once. Similar hours. Starting at 10:30 pm and ending at 5:00 am. But... I am a nightowl... that just fit me well. Maybe I will move there someday to live and trade the US markets. (Or Malaysia or Indonesia)... no tax on trading gain... live like a king with gardeners, a cook, a chauffeur and servants to operate a hand-fan and another one to bring me tea. lol

#19     Aug 18, 2009
  10. Yup, that's us... :D

#20     Aug 18, 2009