Do you find it easier to hold on to a profit or a loss?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Oct 3, 2002.

1. not me man, I know what I need and I take it when I get it. Couldn't be happier. Everything else that happens was before my time or after my time and none of my concern.

Like I said, if Wal Mart ran there business like most traders, you couldn't ever buy anything there until someone offered them less money than you just did.

traders without a po are always po'd

(profit objective, what'd ya think I was talking about?)

#21     Oct 5, 2002
  2. Like I said, If I knew when to take a profit, I would know everything. It was always the missing piece of the puzzle.

Well now I know when to take a profit, and now I know everything.

I don't know how the other 9% do it, but the 1% of us that do it this way have more than enough and there is always plenty left over for those that want to eat every last scrap off our table.

#22     Oct 5, 2002
  3. sherif24

sherif24

I see where you're coming from, perfectly valid way to do it too...I guess there's no one right answer. Each has to do what each is comfortable with and hopefully that also works the best!

#23     Oct 5, 2002
  4. I had (still do, pretty much) the same problem. The only reasonable way I've managed to cope with it is to take profits bit by bit not to be subjected to fluctuations as much. Anybody has other suggestions?

#24     Oct 5, 2002