Do you find day trading exhausting?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Unquestionably, Feb 18, 2011.

Do you find day trading exhausting?

1. Yes, it completely zaps my energy!

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No, my energy level is unaffected by it!

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. I've never traded 1 million shares before in a day, but I've had some 2-400k share days and those are the days where you leave the floor feeling like you really, really, worked hard.

#21     Feb 18, 2011
  2. LMAO:D

def the funniest thing i have read in a while

One important lesson (i continue to learn) is to minimize your exhaustion by selecting the most opportune time to trade. The lack of volatility in the current mkt environment makes this practice very difficult. However, if you do your homework and know that history (human nature) is repetitive, opportunities will be there for those who are patient.

Objectivity, an awareness of some relative absolute, is vital for any trader......person, imho

#22     Feb 19, 2011
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I lost the excitement ages ago, losses become more of an annoyance than anything else. It has just become a numbers game, like playing Pacman over and over, roughly the same patterns, but there are many different patterns. About the only close excitement is seeing a pattern that may only come up 5-6 times a year. Yep, almost time to retire from day trading end of April, want to spend more time in longer term trading where reward to risk is much much greater. It is funny, you stay in this business long enough, do mountains of backtesting, one finds most hours spent day trading with least profit per contract, and trading longer term, much less hours spent produce larger profit per contract with less risk.

Have a fine weekend all.

#23     Feb 19, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  4. regento

regento

trading for one week, i don t think he s already into a trading plan !

first is lose it all as everybody, then start again with some plan ! lol

#24     Feb 19, 2011
  5. Yes, it is worse than cleaning bathrooms and digging ditches.

#25     Feb 19, 2011