Do you feel guilty shorting.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Sorry but you are an ignorant prick if you think rape has anything to do with sex.
    You are such a cretin.

This site sinks to new lows unbelievable

#21     Mar 18, 2008
  2. Shorting means providing better and more efficient pricing to the market. I am all for it. Shorting a stock has little to do with bankrupting an otherwise good company.

#22     Mar 18, 2008
  3. do you feel guilty going long on a stock like bestbuy, which crushed its competitors causing layoffs and shareholders to lose money, or dell 10 years when it destroyed its competitors causing similar pain?

i have no qualms about taking bear positions. don't give me this ethical shit argument. if you are making money, someone else is losing money, whether you're long or short.

if you feel guilty, put your money in a t-bill.

#23     Mar 18, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

No

#24     Mar 18, 2008
  5. The only I time I feel guilty shorting is when I don't cover quick enough and the stock starts to rally.

#25     Mar 18, 2008
  6. No emotion....just like buying and selling heads of lettuce.

#26     Mar 18, 2008
  7. Fangdog

Fangdog

If you feel guilty about anything relating to your trading...you are in deep trouble down the road. Their wouldn't be any hamburgers or Chicken McNuggets if some guy felt guilty slaughtering cattle and chickens....It is all just part of the deal and the way it is. In the mean time, I think I'll go out and short something, then eat a hamburger.

#27     Mar 18, 2008
  8. & this is why i have a difficult time reading anything here anymore.......this place is just sick.

#28     Mar 18, 2008
  9. Joab

Joab

This is just ignorance and stupidity !

Shorting is a vital component of Capitalism and VERY necessary.

It keeps companies running at top performance levels and honest.

Anyone who doesn't understand this simple concept doesn't understand Democracy and Capitalism.

Short away and feel good about it :cool:

#29     Mar 18, 2008
  10. loik

loik

Is it wrong to buy stocks at a higher price than they`re actually worth, why would preventing that be wrong?

#30     Mar 18, 2008