Do you feel guilty shorting.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 17, 2008.

1. its amazing how close the highs were to the loss of the uptick rule

#11     Mar 17, 2008
  2. Ya gotta love ET. You have one thread warning about tomorrow's volatility, and then you have this thread about feeling guilty for profiting from shorts.

I feel like I've entered the friggin twilight zone.

#12     Mar 17, 2008
  3. I was trading in London for a little hedge fund over 9/11 and was short Ftse and dax it was a pretty quiet day then BANG the market tanked and i did take my position off early as I didnt like taking blood money but that is the only time I felt that way

#13     Mar 17, 2008
  4. Do you think Paulson feels guilty about shorting our housing markets stocks to the tune of 4bln and putting 100s of business out of business and seeing millions of americans foreclosing? Helllll no.. Greed works, greed clarfies.. etc.....

If you feel bad about profiting you need to change professions.

#14     Mar 17, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

i feel guilty when the mrkt is going down and i 'm long, or up and i'm short, so yes when the mrkt is going up and i'm shorting it i feel guilty does morgan feel guilty buying bear for $2

#15     Mar 18, 2008
  6. Theoretically, if you get the guilts when shorting, you shouldn't be trading period. Guilt is an emotion is it not. There's no room for emotion in this game.:D

#16     Mar 18, 2008
  7. Short or Long makes no difference to me..all the same in my mind. Actually the market would be a real mess with out traders playing the short side.

#17     Mar 18, 2008
  8. Don't shorts provide liquidity to the market when it is in a free fall, i.e. the uptick rule?

#18     Mar 18, 2008

9. Its like asking a serial rapist, do you enjoy sex?

#19     Mar 18, 2008
  10. That rule was abolished you turkey. Havent been trading lately I see

#20     Mar 18, 2008