Do you feel bad? Should you?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tampa, Nov 10, 2002.

1. I'm not an expert on sugar either. Matter of fact, didn't even enjoy it. Tell you what...if you promise not to talk about bowling, I won't talk about sugar anymore. If you do happen to be truly interested in the sugar story...do a search. I've talked about it more than it deserved.

OldTrader

#51     Nov 12, 2002
  2. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

I suppose that I shouldn't talk about things that I don't really know much about. That's good advice that most of us should follow.

But I do have a question. Are you really old?

#52     Nov 12, 2002
  3. why would you blatantly disrespect oldtrader? i'd bet many would agree that oldtrader is one of the most sincere and insightful members here.

#53     Nov 12, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

I feel bad that I don't have more moola.

#54     Nov 12, 2002
  5. arizona

arizona

darkhorse,I have some of your messages on the cover of my trading journal, oldtrader, you are right behind. Thank you for your input, keep them good/ keep them coming

#55     Nov 13, 2002
  6. travis

travis

As usual I could not read all the interesting messages on this very interesting thread, like all Psychology threads are. By the way, this is by far the best forum in the world (I have seen them all) when it comes to discussions on the psychological aspects of trading.

My opinion about feeling guilty when I make money, because I don't produce anything for society, and I take money from other people who lose it (it is indeed a zero sum game), is that I feel guilty toward society, and, if I cared about society, I would stop trading. And I do care about society, in the sense that I hate people. I hate average people, and I find them stupid and false. So I am very happy to get back at them by taking their money. The only thing that I would feel sorry about is if someone generous, sincere, intelligent, anticonformist, and sensitive like me, lost money. Then I would try to help him. That's why I write on this board, where I can find people like me, and we can help each other by teaching each other how to take money from these bastards.

#56     Nov 13, 2002