Do you feel bad? Should you?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tampa, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Actually I have not read your journal. When I say there is nothing there, I mean

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#31     Nov 10, 2002
  2. tampa

tampa

...ah lobster, it's a joke. Kind of like were you to post www.lobster's wisdom.com

#32     Nov 10, 2002
  3. I see. I have never been good at understanding jokes. I guess I just have a strange concept of fun...

#33     Nov 10, 2002
  4. tampa

tampa

and with that we can end the conversation, since none of it has anything to do with the question asked to start the thread.

nite-nite...

#34     Nov 10, 2002
  5. Which begs the question, why would you start such a moronic thread. Given your verse for sarcasm I was going to give the benefit of the doubt you were just being a smart ass. But now it looks like you were serious.
    Who in their right mind would feel bad about profiting on a trade.

#35     Nov 10, 2002
  6. It's ok to feel bad, as long as it doesn't effect your trading, by giving up profits or taking huge losses cause you feel you're stealing from someone. It's only human nature. No need to pick on Tampa for having a good heart.

#36     Nov 10, 2002
  7. tampa

tampa

no one fells bad about profiting on a trade - myself included. But all of us know what it feels like to lose - and especially if the loss is significant. I was just curious to see if anyone would admit to having sympathy for the poor soul who is either inexperienced or inept. I got my answer.

#37     Nov 10, 2002
  8. If anyone has such deep pains of guilt that they need to divest themselves of their ill gotten gains; send me a PM and I will give them the proper wire instructions ...

#38     Nov 10, 2002
  9. Actually, usually I don't, but sometimes, I found out later in the day, that someone in my firm was on the wrong side of one of my trades, and I pummeled him into oblivion. He was trying to get out, and I was moving the stock to no ends. Kinda makes me laugh to, cause usually they entered the trade for a bad reason, so in a way they deserved it.

#39     Nov 10, 2002
  10. Come on guys -- it is just like war. If you're willing to wear the uniform and go on the battlefield, then there always comes a point where you have to shoot him before he shoots you.

Yeah, killing is wrong, but in the context of war, it is a necessary evil for a greater reason.

The big difference with trading is that nobody has to fear getting drafted.

If you put your money in the market, it is automatically assumed that you are doing so to take someone else's -- and that means they have a right to get at yours.

#40     Nov 10, 2002