Do you even enjoy trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, May 15, 2012.

1. As someone who's run a trading business for 15 years...
    IMO people who claim to be "done by noon", etc...
    Are completely full of shit... it's just not adult thinking.

#71     Jun 16, 2012
  2. For me when I scale in at a percieved level, Im hoping that my order fills at an exact level then retraces/rebounds, sometimes it is but most times not. Here's an example, if I expect the market to stall during an upmove to say, ES 1320.00 I'll put an order to sell lmt at 1319.75 if it fills then moves slightly against me I'll sell another at say 20.50 then put an order in to cover my initial short at 19.50. I'll do this only for only two or so scale ins (depends on mkt feel/intuition as well) before I know Im wrong then flatten everything. If in the example the mkt pulls back to the 19.50 level and fills I am now out of my first ladder. It covers my cost of that trade plus a tiny profit and I'm now holding on to a winner with the short at 20.50 The levels are key, if the levels of inflection or s/r are off my scale ins obviously will not work. This can work well with lots of practice just watching the DOM and sometimes nothing else, does for me anyways.

#72     Jun 16, 2012
  3. I said 'like' to be done by noon, not 'am' done by noon, in otherwords it part of my daily goal as well. Why do people insist on taking things out of context! wtf?

#73     Jun 16, 2012
  4. diogenes7

diogenes7

I love the market. The best part is that I've only figured half of it out.

#74     Jun 17, 2012
  5. nope..if I knew an easy way to make $100k+ per annum I'd do it.....Every time I try other things I lose money...despite them telling how easy it is..go figure.

#75     Jun 18, 2012
  6. I "like" to be done by 9:45 am.....but never happens.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As someone who's run a trading business for 15 years...
    IMO people who claim to be "done by noon", etc...
    Are completely full of shit... it's just not adult thinking.

#76     Jun 18, 2012
  7. Yes, it keeps my mind and reflexes sharp and it pays me very well. What's not to like?

#77     Jun 18, 2012
  8. I don't even enjoy "sex" anymore so maybe something is wrong with me?

#78     Jun 18, 2012
  9. I am like this. I suppose I come across as an angry, hateful person but I love every minute of every trade. Don't mistake the intensity for perpetual anger/sadness, it's just that the business is about eeking out every last tick, and that intensity sometimes leaks out in various ways that don't always make sense.

#79     Jun 18, 2012
  10. I enjoy a roof over my families head, beans on our plate and light after the sun goes down...

If I could lay on the beach never staring at another pixel again, achieve my goals while sustaining our standard of living, it would be a good trade ;o)

#80     Jun 19, 2012