Do you consider money management an edge?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by LeeD, Sep 27, 2010.

1. I think money management is not an edge, but is a requirement.

#31     Oct 3, 2010
  2. You don't need money management, you need you're money to be managed.

#32     Oct 3, 2010
  3. Nexen

Nexen

Contrary to public opinion money management can turn a losing trader into a profitable one.

Hell yes it's an edge.

#33     Oct 3, 2010
  4. LeeD

LeeD

#34     Oct 3, 2010
  5. I think your 4455 posts in 16 months indicate that you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.....4455 posts gives new meaning to the word, Blowhard(but your name gives away what you really are full of), kind of like the Cliff Claven of ET.

#35     Oct 3, 2010
  6. bone

bone

Neither, that's stupidity in my book. I only add to winning positions and never add to losers. In terms of sizing bumps the only time I would ever double up would be going from a one lot to a two lot.

#36     Oct 3, 2010
  7. an edge makes you profitable. good money management helps you keep your profits.

without an edge you'd never become profitable to begin with. without good money management, you'd eventually lose everything you made.

they are different things; however, you need both because they're equally important.

#37     Oct 5, 2010
  8. +1

imo, sometimes perhaps beyond our comprehension, they are not only equally important, but also equally hard to find/develop!

#38     Oct 5, 2010
  9. completely agree. but would you say if you had a win:loss ratio of say 4:1 your money management risk would be a bit more aggressive, or would you stay the same? 1%?

#39     Oct 5, 2010
  10. If money management isn't an edge, there should be strategies out there that "work" over the long run by going all-in, all the time. Because if you're not all-in, all the time, you're practicing money management.

Consciously, or not..

#40     Oct 5, 2010