Do you consider immoral to steal from extremely rich people?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Daal, Mar 6, 2012.

Yes or no

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. How about everyone has planted their seeds but when it comes time to harvest the neighbor down the street is sick and can't harvest after working all season on the trees? The righties (and Ron Paul) would say "tough", he must be a rotten apple. He's not self reliant.

#11     Mar 6, 2012
  2. verb (used with object) 1. to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, especially secretly or by force.

Yes, it is immoral to do this. Sadly our elected representatives do not agree, unless someone is stealing from them. Then it's wrong, very wrong.

#12     Mar 6, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It is immoral to take anything that is not yours from anyone in a manner which is considered "Stealing".

#13     Mar 6, 2012
  4. True, things are not always black and white.

I haven't a clue how you ended up living across the street from a rich guy and you're dying of hunger (must've "qualified" for ninja loan) anyways why isn't your first thought 'asking" the rich guy for a job or a chance to earn some money instead of swiping an apple.:cool:

#14     Mar 6, 2012
  5. rew

rew

Nope. Self defense is not murder, so if the government goes to war when we've been attacked and goes after the actual bad guys that's not murder. But when the government goes to war for bad reasons, as Bush and Obama have done, that's murder, and not okay.

#15     Mar 6, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

LOL It never occured to Pee Drinker in his example to ask for an apple. No Pee Drinker, just steal your apple because that's what liberals do.

#16     Mar 6, 2012
  7. the rich guy has been on vacation in europe all summer.

#17     Mar 6, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Stealing is stealing unless you apply liberal moral relativism.

#18     Mar 6, 2012
  9. Yep it is immoral. This is the USA. Nobody is going to let you starve here. If you go and stand on any street corner for an hour, you are going to get enough money to buy something to eat.

Breaking into a home during a blizzard is a different subject. The question was is it immoral to steal from extremely rich people. Breaking into a house isnt really stealing, unless you dont plan to pay for the damage you caused breaking in. Then it is immoral.

#19     Mar 6, 2012
  10. Technically we do murder. For instance...9/11. Those guys that flew the planes into building....they were dead. You cant go after those people and kill them again so you go to where they came from and kill their family and relatives and people near them.

Tell me if this is murder or not. Lets say I live in a fortified town and you live in fortified town 10 miles away. Lets say 1 or 2 guys from your town came to my town and killed a few of my people,but we killed them before they left. Is it now murder or self defense if I come to your town and start killing your people to send a message that nobody from your town should ever come to my town again and kill my people? Because thats basically what 9/11 was.

#20     Mar 6, 2012