Do you care about Spot Price & FMV of ES Futures?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by technophile, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hi All,

Just about to open an account to start trading the EMini ES futures. I am very familiar with the financial theory of futures but quite unfamiliar with practice. So I have opened a simulated trial account.

My question is where do you folks find real time Spot Price and FMV calculation for the ES contracts. None of the brokers I tried provide this info. Or do you guys not even care about Spot Price and FMV and assume the bid/ask are fairly priced?

Thanks!

2. I personally do not use spot or FMV in my trading. Perhaps those that do can offer some advice.

The only thing that comes to mind is watching the program trading numbers and being aware of when these levels are hit. Not sure if that's what you are looking for or not, but it may help.

3. Which simulatr do you use?

4. I am worried about buying when the premium is higher than "fair" or selling when premium is lower than "fair".

Hence I ask if you folks check the Cash/Spot price and the Fair value when placing your trades.

Thanks!

5. Not a consideration in my trading. I just have an audible alert go off when a program trading level is hit. It's just for reference only, I do not use it trade off of.