Do you believe your knowledge of intermarket relationships enhances your performance?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gabfly1, Mar 9, 2010.

Do you believe your knowledge of intermarket relationships enhances your performance?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Stated differently, does your understanding of intermarket relationships add tangible value to your bottom line over and above what the individual markets you are trading are telling you?

Just curious.

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I voted YES.

Mark

3. 1) 4-4
    2) Yes......but. Instead of there being many different and uncorrelated relationships, everything can move in unison. Diversification is useless. :D

4. risky63

risky63

absativlee......thats why trading indexes is the way to go.
    you just don't sit and stare at some broke dick lizzard HOPING your right.

5. TGpop

TGpop

for day trading i've found the best is to have a few pairs, oil, gold and ES or YM.

I don't day trade though, if i ever was to i'd do that.

6. Handle123

Handle123

I just sit and trade five minute ES and play solitare all day.

I suppose if trading forex that would be more important.

beginner66 likes this.
  7. GE2009

GE2009

As a day trader, I depend on correlated markets. Gold-Crude-USD-Euro. More times than not, if one breaks, the other will follow. As any trader knows, thats the easy part. But, nonetheless, watching these markets helps me trade. I'm not so sure about longer term, but I would suspect to a certain degree it would help.

8. Bingo! If you want the DX, USD with some S/R, I find volume helpful, and it breaks a line with volume, then most often the ES does the inverse as does euro.

Take it a step further. Many project, predict, call it what you want, the USD is going up this year what does that mean for stocks?

9. It's axiomatic.

10. Have you considered chess.com?

#10     Mar 10, 2010